Release Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Applications components not reflecting on CA UI but proceess are up and running??

• 1.  Applications components not reflecting on CA UI but proceess are up and running??

Posted Jun 20, 2017 10:43 AM

Hi,

My applications components am unable to see on UI of CA tool, but Processes are up and Running.

1.I tried bouncing server.- No change.

2. Even tried importing the zipped project but am unable to import it error am getting is Fail to import application name.dat..

I can see actions for process while importing.zip file

Kindly suggest

• 2.  Re: Applications components not reflecting on CA UI but proceess are up and running??

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2017 11:33 AM

Hello,

Since you see an application I'm not inclined to think that it is directly related to a ldap configuration issue. Maybe there is something happening with permissions though. If you are not the admin of the RA environment then maybe you can ask the admin if any permissions have changed lately. Maybe try closing all browser instances, clearing the cache, and try logging in again. Besides this you can try using Automation Studio. If Automation Studio shows the components and the ROC still does not then I would recommend opening a support issue to investigate this issue (or open one anyway). 

Kind regards,

Gregg

• 3.  Re: Applications components not reflecting on CA UI but proceess are up and running??

Posted Jun 21, 2017 09:26 AM

Hi Gregg,

Thanks for reply.Since there are no Permission changes from Admin.

Still facing the issue.

• 4.  Re: Applications components not reflecting on CA UI but proceess are up and running??

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2017 06:54 PM

I agree with Gregg -- generally speaking, when something doesn't show up in the UI, it's usually due to permissions not being set.  

• 5.  Re: Applications components not reflecting on CA UI but proceess are up and running??

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 21, 2017 05:43 AM

Hi Paritosh,

Did above suggestion from Gregg answered your query.

If not please help us with more information around it like nolio_dm_all.log and about RA version and database.

Regards,

Saurabh

• 6.  Re: Applications components not reflecting on CA UI but proceess are up and running??

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 21, 2017 09:51 AM

Hi,

Are you logged in as a superuser or a normal user?  for the import issue can you confirm that the export you are trying to import came from the same version as the system you are importing to?

Regards

Keith

• 7.  Re: Applications components not reflecting on CA UI but proceess are up and running??

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 21, 2017 10:37 AM

To add to what Keith said -- testing with the "superuser" account is the best test since it has all permissions open, but make sure you don't test with the "admin" account.  (That "admin" account is primarily for use in Studio for performing system configuration tasks, not in ROC for design tasks.)

• 8.  Re: Applications components not reflecting on CA UI but proceess are up and running??

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 27, 2017 10:29 AM

Hi,

Did the answers on this thread  answered your question? If it did please mark it as the right answer.
    When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.

With Kind Regards
    Dirk

• 9.  Re: Applications components not reflecting on CA UI but proceess are up and running??

Posted Jul 03, 2017 09:34 AM

Hi All, hanks all the replies but I am still facing the issue.

Accordingly I come to know about Test action in Backup EAR process is corrupt.
    what I tried :
    1. Since I found the corrupt action in Backup EAR Process I have omitted that flow from Application -( I will be able to recreate it later.) Then Exported whole application and tried importing it was throwing error - Error in importing  *****.dat fie in App folder.
    2. However when I refreshed it,and what  Import was successful for other processes.but As usual Components along with processes too are also missing.
    3. I tried deleting the BACKUP EAR since i was unable to see corrupt action TEST so no doubt  I can rename it.
    What I think :
    1. Do we need to delete that TEST action from database itself. and then try Export and Import Application for rest of Process ?
    2. Hence if we can remove the Corrupt Action from Database itself Problem can be solved.

Dadabhau_Pokharkar

1. After getting error to import  .date file in app folder am able see this import success messageUnable to see Components as well as Processes despite of deleting corrupt Process from CA UI

• 10.  Re: Applications components not reflecting on CA UI but proceess are up and running??

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 06, 2017 12:03 PM

Hello,

I'm also confused. It is not clear to me what/how you found a potentially corrupt action and who you're doing all of these things as (user id, role, privileges given, etc..). It sounds like the purpose of the test being run is to try and isolate the problem you originally reported but it's hard to say what's what because it sounds like there are more/new problems. It might be better if you open a support issue. This way we can get together via a webex and have a look at it together.

Cheers,

Gregg

• 11.  Re: Applications components not reflecting on CA UI but proceess are up and running??

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 03, 2017 06:12 PM

Hi Paritosh,

My apologies, but I'm a little confused -- is this the same original problem (cannot see components in the UI) or a new problem (error when importing)?

Also, how did you identify that the action was corrupted? 

• 12.  Re: Applications components not reflecting on CA UI but proceess are up and running??

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 05:40 PM

Hello -- it's been a few days so just wanted to check in.  Did you see my questions above?

• 13.  Re: Applications components not reflecting on CA UI but proceess are up and running??
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 20, 2017 10:07 AM

Hi James,

We have corrected this issues via Automation Studio and by deleting the process which was having null name and everything is working fine.

Thanks for your help and assistance.