Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Unexpected (at least for me) flow behaviour

Posted Dec 20, 2016 02:58 PM

I don't undestand why the action named "Lx -Run Script" is executed even when the action "Impact in servers?" return false (failed). The idea is that when the actión "Impact in servers" (it's a boolean comparison)  return failed then just promote the package, but when the process run it always execute "Lx -Run Script" action.

• 2.  Re: Unexpected (at least for me) flow behaviour
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 20, 2016 03:49 PM

The action Lx script depending on completions the flow FTX NAC -loop... (even if the flow being cancel the next action will be execute as there no dependcies on links originated from flows.

In order to prevent it you can add another link with success condition from impact in servers? action to Lx - run script action. 

Hope this help

Thanks 

Jacky 

• 3.  Re: Unexpected (at least for me) flow behaviour

Posted Apr 05, 2017 09:09 AM

I've a similar question. In this flow I added "check traffic status" inside "select first server".

It was supposed to act after "Check if server list contains only one" but in the first run we missed to link it and unexpectedly it has been executed. As I understood by Jacky it's executed because it as no dependencies. But how the sequence order is decided? Why not in the beginning of the flow or in the end. What I'm missing?

• 4.  Re: Unexpected (at least for me) flow behaviour

Posted Apr 05, 2017 09:28 AM

As I understand flow logic, any action lacking a previous link will execute simultaneously when the process or flow starts.  Since the "Check Traffic Status" loop has no pre-requisite actions, it will execute at the same time as the "Arrays - Get Array Length" action since it reads them both as the first thing to execute in the "Select first server" loop. 

When Jacky replied earlier, he was referencing the gray line connecting the "FTX Nac" flow with the action "Lx script".  This line will still determine an order to process actions and flow (process the Lx script action after the FTX Nac flow) but it will execute regardless of the result of the previous actions even if that is result is cancelled.  

• 5.  Re: Unexpected (at least for me) flow behaviour

Posted Apr 07, 2017 01:25 AM

just to add to this: always keep in mind, that links/connections made to actions or flows are always an AND-connection, so all entries must have been executed before it continues.