Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  RA Disaster Recovery Plan

Posted Oct 26, 2017 02:19 AM

Hi Experts,

We have an ask from the client to provide the Disaster Recovery (DR) plan for the RA production instance which they would be using when there is any catastrophic scenario on the RA Production instance.

The RA Production instance is in HA with Active - Passive setup.

The RA DR instance servers will be similar to the RA Production instance but RA will not be installed in the DR servers, the RA Production servers and RA DR servers will be replicated daily.

Please advise:

1. Do we have any documentation available for the above requirement ? 

2. Will server level replication be enough or should RA be installed in DR servers also ?

Thanks & Regards

Paneendra

• 2.  Re: RA Disaster Recovery Plan
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2017 06:12 AM

The below KB describes about tacking backup of Release Automation environment for disaster recovery purposes.

Release Automation KB: Disaster Recovery 

• 3.  Re: RA Disaster Recovery Plan

Posted Oct 26, 2017 06:34 AM

Thanks for the update Venkat,

The KB gives inputs on DR purposes. Now, regarding my other question, would you please let me know 

- Will server level replication be enough or should RA be installed in DR servers also ?

Thanks & Regards

Paneendra

• 4.  Re: RA Disaster Recovery Plan

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2017 10:12 AM

Hi 

I am not sure i understand the second part of your question , RA has  active / passive feature with a standby nac .

All data is in the shared database and the standby nac will take over when the master fails . 

See :

Install to Provide High Availability - CA Release Automation - 6.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Regards 

Dirk 

• 5.  Re: RA Disaster Recovery Plan

Posted Nov 22, 2017 12:17 AM

Hi Dirk,

The scenario here is to setup a completely different set of servers on a different data center and it will be used during any catastrophic situations like the Prod RA instance is crashed beyond recovery.

For this scenario, would the server level replication between the Prod RA instance servers and DR instance servers (without installing RA) be sufficient or should RA be installed in DR servers also ?

Thanks & Regards

Paneendra

• 6.  Re: RA Disaster Recovery Plan

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 01, 2017 05:25 AM

Hi

If this DR is full replica of the original server i would expect this works.

The challenge would be the naming if thery are the same too .i assume this would work .

But you need to do some testing to be sure.

regards

Dirk

• 7.  Re: RA Disaster Recovery Plan

Posted Dec 04, 2017 12:31 AM

Ok, Thanks Dirk

• 8.  Re: RA Disaster Recovery Plan

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2017 12:52 PM

Hi
    I believe your questions has been answered, I will mark this as the correct answer.
    When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.
    With Kind Regards

Dirk