Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Puppet direct integration

Posted Sep 01, 2016 03:24 PM

I'm looking for some details on how the integration with Puppet communicates with the Puppet master. I am attempting to set it up using the direct integration, but it is not pulling the environments from the master. I know that the action pack for Puppet uses a combination of REST API and Rake CLI, but the Rake CLI was removed in Puppet Enterprise 2015.2

If the direct integration is still attempting to use Rake CLI, then that would explain my issue.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Shaw

• 2.  Re: Puppet direct integration
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 01, 2016 05:26 PM

Hi Chris, 

I know nothing about the inner workings of the Puppet integration. But the Chef integration uses the agent to run commands and return data. So you might try looking at the RA agent logs on your Puppet system to see if its obvious what it is doing.

Kind regards,

Gregg

• 3.  Re: Puppet direct integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 01, 2016 05:30 PM

Chris,

Please open an issue, so that the puppet integration can be enhanced to support the latest version of Puppet.

Thanks

-Walter

• 4.  Re: Puppet direct integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2016 03:50 AM

Hi Chris

Did the answers from Gregg and Walter answered your question? If it did please mark it as the right answer. When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.

With Kind Regards

• 5.  Re: Puppet direct integration

Posted Sep 12, 2016 10:40 AM

I need more detail. If it is running a command on the Puppet server via the CARA agent, what is it running? We'll open a support ticket if we decide to use Puppet (still POC).

• 6.  Re: Puppet direct integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2016 07:06 AM

Hi Chris

I did have a look at the action code and the puppet integration is using command actions

to get the information from puppet or excute certain action s

some examples are

puppet master --version
    puppet config ..........

If you need to know this for a specific action please raise a support case and we can look into this .

Regards dirk

• 7.  Re: Puppet direct integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 23, 2016 09:06 AM

Hi Chris

Did the additional answer on this topic answered your question? If it did please mark it as the right answer. When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.

With Kind Regards