Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  how to reset password for nexus admin

Posted Jun 23, 2017 12:58 PM

I am trying to log into the Release Automation's Nexus repository using user id "admin".  The default password does not work.  So following the link in the document here:  Manage the Nexus Repository - CA Release Automation - 6.4 - CA Technologies Documentation ,  I changed to an encrypted password in conf\nolio-repo.properties.  However, I am still not able to login to the Nexus repository:  http://CaraManagementServer:8080/nexus/ (click the Log In link on the upper right page).  It says "Incorrect username, password or no permission to use the Nexus User Interface.
    Try again. Please login before attempting further requests."

• 2.  Re: how to reset password for nexus admin
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 23, 2017 01:58 PM

I figured out now.  Actually the password needs to be change in security.xml, which is for Nexus, not in nolio-repo.properties, which is for connecting to Nexus.

• 3.  Re: how to reset password for nexus admin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 23, 2017 05:16 PM

Hi Albert,

Thanks for sharing. Just to clarify for anyone that might need it, this file is found in the <Installation Home>/sona
    type-work/nexus/conf/security.xml.

Regarding the nolio-repo.properties file... this file controls the password that the Release Automation management server uses to connect to the repository (nexus or artifactory). So this file should definitely be updated if you're changing the password for the repository. 

Cheers,

Gregg