Release Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Why do I lose the flows in "Processes" tab every time I unassign a shared component and assign it back? What should I do for that to not happen?

• 1.  Why do I lose the flows in "Processes" tab every time I unassign a shared component and assign it back? What should I do for that to not happen?

Posted May 20, 2016 03:39 PM

When I unassign a shared component in "Components" tab and assign it back in "Components" tab.. I am losing the flows of a few processes in "Processes" tab which are linked with that unassigned and assigned shared component. Is there a way for this to not happen?

• 2.  Re: Why do I lose the flows in "Processes" tab every time I unassign a shared component and assign it back? What should I do for that to not happen?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2016 06:00 PM

Hello,

I think this is functioning as designed since unassigning the shared component completely removes references from the application to its actions/flows. Instead of unassigning a shared component and then re-assigning it (presumably a newer version), inside of the "Components" tab click on the drop down menu for the shared component and "Switch Revision".

I noticed that it removed the actions/flows myself in an earlier version after trying to switch from a shared component version that I had imported to a newer version of that component that I also imported - because shared components being imported were duplicated in that version of RA. Version 6.1 doesn't do this so you don't have to go through that headache. 6.1 Release Notes regarding this enhancement:

Shared Components Enhancements

The shared components feature includes the following enhancements:

• Supports the export and import of shared components between different systems to improve collaboration between teams. The imported shared component contains all the revisions that are created before the export.
    • Shared components are no longer duplicated when imported into another system that already contains the shared component. Only shared components or revisions that do not exist are imported.

Regards,
    Gregg

• 3.  Re: Why do I lose the flows in "Processes" tab every time I unassign a shared component and assign it back? What should I do for that to not happen?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2016 02:12 PM

Hi,

What you are seeing is expected behaviour, if you are looking to use a different version of the shared component, instead of unassigning and reassigning you can use the option to switch versions.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Keith 

• 4.  Re: Why do I lose the flows in "Processes" tab every time I unassign a shared component and assign it back? What should I do for that to not happen?

Posted May 25, 2016 12:45 PM

Hi kveluru,

Did Gregg or Keith's responses answer your question? If so, please be sure to mark one of them as correct!

Thanks,
    Melanie