Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  CA RA Action packs or Siebel deployment solution

Posted Nov 16, 2016 08:10 AM

Dear Team,

We have procured licenses for CA RA.

Currently we are using Automic ARA for Siebel deployments and which is working smooth till date. 

We quickly wanted to check with you, Is there any Action packs avaialble in CA RA for Siebel ? I cant find anything for siebel on your webpage. 

Please let us know.

Thanks,

Harshal..

• 2.  Re: CA RA Action packs or Siebel deployment solution

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 16, 2016 09:44 AM

Hello,

I just checked the two places where I would expect to find action packs and was unable to find an action pack for siebel. However, this does not mean that you are completely out of luck. There is an RDK that allows everyone to create their own action packs using CLI commands and REST calls. I think it also supports SOAP, but I don't see it in the documentation. So if you can interact with Siebel using one of these two/three methods then you can create your own action pack to do the necessary.

Two places I checked for action packs:

CA Supported Action Packs: CA Release Automation Action Packs - CA Technologies 

Open Source Action Packs: CA Technologies Release Automation · GitHub 

Kind regards,

Gregg

• 3.  Re: CA RA Action packs or Siebel deployment solution
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 17, 2016 03:50 AM

Hello Harshal!

Currently there's no action pack for siebel, bu a feature request has already been placed.

We have managed the complete build, versioning and deployment within a short development time using the existing action packs. Quite simple and straighforward. It's running now for about a year. Next steps will be continuous delivery and zero downtime.

Last open issue is that siebel does not offer a way how to activate TaskUI flows from outside the application. This is still a manual step.

Kind regards,

Adam

• 4.  Re: CA RA Action packs or Siebel deployment solution

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2016 03:30 AM

Hi Harshal,

Did the answer from Gregg  answered your question? If it did please mark it as the right answer.
    When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.

With Kind Regards

Dirk