Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  RA NAC and NES support on RHEL 7.2

Posted Jul 26, 2016 08:38 AM

Hello,

I am about to install RA on RHEL 7. I have read in the online wiki that support is guaranteed up to 7.1. Our standard build is already RHEL 7.2. Question: is RHEL 7.2 also supported for RA 6.1 NAC, NES and action packs repo servers? We have rolled-out 5.0.2 and 6.1 agents on RHEL 7.2 without any issues.

Thanks for a quick answer, I need to place the order before leaving for holidays :-)

Bernard

• 2.  Re: RA NAC and NES support on RHEL 7.2

Posted Jul 26, 2016 08:49 AM

Hi

As I know  RHEL7.2 still not  officially supported

• 3.  Re: RA NAC and NES support on RHEL 7.2

Posted Jul 26, 2016 09:06 AM

Hi Jacky,

thanks for your quick reply. Any idea when this will be supported? Is it a matter of the next cumulative patch? I would very much hate to have to install the whole batch on RHEL 6, then in half a year, have to migrate everything to RHEL7. We don't have the resources to do that job twice. I could live with installing now on RHEL 7.2 (PROD install will not start before late August/early September) without "official" support but actually working, and include the next cumulative hopefully providing official RHEL 7.2 support along.

Bernard

• 4.  Re: RA NAC and NES support on RHEL 7.2

Posted Jul 26, 2016 09:12 AM

I think best if the PM will answer that

FYI schur01, shlas01

• 5.  Re: RA NAC and NES support on RHEL 7.2
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2016 10:19 AM

Hi,

RHEL 7.2 is not supported by RA 6.1 or 6.2, It is in the queue for 6.3, which will be released in December (not committed yet)

Thanks

• 6.  Re: RA NAC and NES support on RHEL 7.2

Posted Jul 27, 2016 03:15 AM

Hi Assaf,

thanks for the clarification, we can now take a decision based on all the facts.

Bernard