Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Websphere action_v2 - How can we update existing datasource?

Posted Apr 19, 2017 07:39 AM

Hi all,

Just simple question that I cannot find any answer to do this one in CA Release Automation with WAS action pack.

To update or modify existing Datasource without delete and re-created.

How can we do it with action OOTB?

If cannot , can someone provide me to do this because I try to understand the wsadmin to configure it by Jython scripts?

Thank you and regards,

Nithi P.

• 2.  Re: Websphere action_v2 - How can we update existing datasource?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 24, 2017 04:42 PM

Hi Nithi,

I apologize for the delay in reply -- we do not at this time have a documented standard means of modifying an existing data source.  As you've noted, actions in the pack include creation and deletion but not modification.

Unfortunately, writing Jython scripts for such purposes is beyond the scope of what we do here in Support, but there are two options I highly recommend:

(1) Submit and idea (enhancement request) here in the Communities.  The following KB details how to do so:

How to create an Idea on CA Release Automation communities website

(2) Reach our to your CA account manager, as I think our Services team could help address your question regarding Jython scripting. 

• 3.  Re: Websphere action_v2 - How can we update existing datasource?

Posted Apr 27, 2017 04:49 AM

Thank you James,

I already write the Jython script to modify datasource and J2C-JAASAuthentication finish by Jython and thank you very much for answer.

BTW, I recommend CA Release Automation to do some more with WebSphere Application Server Action pack

• Action pack for Modification Datasource and J2C-JAAS Authentication
    • Action pack for add/update/delete Generic JVM and other JVM
      • In this case we can only get it JVM and set it back with different format
      • For Get the Generic JVM setting , CA RA can get it as a String that my assumtion it will be format like this " -Dsomething.something=somevalue -Dsomething2.something=somevalue"
      • But for setting we need to set as a String array like =[Dsomething.something=somevalue, Dsomething2.something=somevalue]
      • Format for get and set it quite different , Can CA RA change these input and output parameter to be the same in the future release? 

For these feature and anything that I will found in these implement phase, I will submit the idea with all of things that I will found about WebSphere Application Server.

Thank you very much

Nithi P.

• 4.  Re: Websphere action_v2 - How can we update existing datasource?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 02, 2017 04:59 PM

No problem!  Would you mind marking this thread as "Answered", and could you share links to your Ideas here once you post them?  I'll be interested in checking them out too!