Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Which are the main differences between Release Automation Continuous Delivery Edition and Release Automation?

Posted May 02, 2016 04:07 PM

Hello,

Which are the main differences between Release Automation Continuous Delivery Edition and Release Automation?

At beginning, I see a different ways to install them.

Regards,

Tania Moreno

• 2.  Re: Which are the main differences between Release Automation Continuous Delivery Edition and Release Automation?
    Best Answer

Posted May 03, 2016 01:44 AM

Hi,

Release Automation gives you the possibilities to really design specific deployment processes, e.g. how to install a web-application, whereas the CDE is more like a release management tool, where you define tasks that need to be executed in the complete deployment pipeline of the product itself over all environments.

At least this is my understanding of it so far.

You also might want to check out this presentation, if you havn't seen it yet:

Webcast Recap: How Release Automation v6.1 with Advanced Capabilities Can Help You to Plan & Optimize Your Releases

best regards

Michael

• 3.  Re: Which are the main differences between Release Automation Continuous Delivery Edition and Release Automation?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 08, 2016 03:06 AM

Hi Tania,

MichaelGebhardt is correct. Release Automation focus on automating the deployment on any given environment. The Continuous Delivery Edition of the product (aka RA CDE) provides planning and collaboration capabilities that allow you to automate the entire delivery process (all the way to production) and, of course, use the fundamental capabilities of RA to perform the actual deployment across the different environments.

Beside that, it help you manage the pipeline (which, hopefully increased, after implementing RA ), prioritize deliveries, tracks conflicts, define and enforce maintenance windows, etc.

Let me know if that make sense.

Uri

• 4.  Re: Which are the main differences between Release Automation Continuous Delivery Edition and Release Automation?

Posted May 23, 2016 08:05 PM

Still looking to learn about CA Release Automation Continuous Delivery Edition? Check out the following web-based training courses:

You can also search for more education any time @ http://education.ca.com

• 5.  Re: Which are the main differences between Release Automation Continuous Delivery Edition and Release Automation?

Posted Jun 09, 2016 09:08 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your responses. Every answer is very good input for me.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Tania Moreno

• 6.  Re: Which are the main differences between Release Automation Continuous Delivery Edition and Release Automation?

Posted Jun 14, 2016 04:09 PM

Great to hear, TMoreno!

We now have an additional course, CA Release Automation Continuous Delivery Edition 6.x: Release Management 200, as well. Happy learning!