Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Agents maximum memory usage

Posted Dec 19, 2016 08:52 AM

Hi,

It seems like Release Automation agents does not have a maximum memory usage set by default.

As a matter of fact they able to consume up to one quarter of the available RAM.

What would be the best way of limiting this memory usage ?

Adding an Xmx option in the conf/wrapper.conf file ?

Regards.

• 2.  Re: Agents maximum memory usage
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 22, 2016 02:18 AM

You should check the following values in wrapper.conf (Make sure to do proper testing in case you do any configuration changes) 

wrapper.java.initmemory  is configuration parameter  that controlling the initial amount of memory (in megabytes) that the JVM should allocate at startup (By default its comment out)

wrapper.java.maxmemory  is configuration parameter  that controlling the max heap size (in megabytes)

Jacky 

• 3.  Re: Agents maximum memory usage

Posted Dec 22, 2016 02:51 AM

Hi Jacky,

OK, I commented out the wrapper.java.maxmemory key in wrapper.conf file and valued it to 512.

Now in the Agent process I can see "-Xmx512m".

Is there a preconised value for this ?

Thank you for your help.

Regards.

• 4.  Re: Agents maximum memory usage

Posted Dec 22, 2016 03:25 AM

I think its depend on the OS and tasks you  will execute by the agent

• 5.  Re: Agents maximum memory usage

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 28, 2016 05:02 PM

Hi All,

Based on the conversation I'll mark Jacky's response as correct. Just as an FYI... you might want to use the conf/custom.wrapper.conf file to make these changes (mentioned here: Nolio Official KB: How do I customize the agents Java settings?). I think the benefit of using this file is that it will not be overwritten during upgrades/updates.

Cheers,
    Gregg

• 6.  Re: Agents maximum memory usage

Posted Jan 02, 2017 04:10 AM

Hi Gregg,

Thank you for your answer. You are right, we should definitely use the custom.wrapper.conf file.

Regards.