Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Why do I get an error when I tag a process but not when I publish without tagging?

Posted Jul 13, 2016 02:47 PM

I have been updating a process and happily publishing it routinely over the past couple of days. Now that the time has come to tag and publish the process, I get the following error in the ROC:

"Unexpected error on server [For input string: "null" For more details refer to server logs.]. Please refer to server logs with timestamp [2016-22-13 14:22:03]."

In the nolio_dm_all.log on the ROC server, I find the following:

2016-07-13 14:22:02,527 [Publisher-39] DEBUG (com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.publish.ProcessPublishServiceImpl:522) - Publishing task [55] - 'Latest' got status "Processing parameters", percent complete: [30.364963503649633]

2016-07-13 14:22:02,527 [Publisher-39] DEBUG (com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.publish.ProcessPublishServiceImpl:522) - Publishing task [55] - 'Latest' got status "Processing process links", percent complete: [39.70802919708029]

2016-07-13 14:22:02,530 [Publisher-39] DEBUG (com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.publish.ProcessPublishServiceImpl:522) - Publishing task [55] - 'Latest' got status "Processing executables' values", percent complete: [39.70802919708029]

2016-07-13 14:22:03,727 [Publisher-39] DEBUG (com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.publish.ProcessPublishServiceImpl:522) - Publishing task [55] - 'Latest' got status "For input string: "null"", percent complete: [0.0]

2016-07-13 14:22:03,750 [Publisher-39] ERROR (com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.publish.ProcessPublishServiceImpl:539) - Exception caught

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "null"

at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Unknown Source)

at com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.model.values.ExecutableModelLocation.fromString(ExecutableModelLocation.java:412)

at com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.publish.ProcessPublishLogic.copyRemoteExecutions(ProcessPublishLogic.java:855)

at com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.publish.ProcessPublishLogic.publish(ProcessPublishLogic.java:831)

at com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.publish.PublishHelper.innerCopyProcess(PublishHelper.java:320)

at com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.publish.PublishHelper.access$800(PublishHelper.java:48)

at com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.publish.PublishHelper$6.doInHibernate(PublishHelper.java:299)

When I attempted to tag and publish the process;

• I did provide a "Tag Name" of the same style as previous tags for that process, and I included a "Description".
    • I tried selecting environments and selecting no environments
    • Even after the failed Tag & Publish attempts, I can still publish successfully without tagging.

I really want to tag this process before moving on with further development, but have further changes ready and waiting to be tested that are now blocked by this problem.

This process is in the same application affected by my open case related to: How to troubleshoot "Error: Runtime Exception during exporting: null"

• 2.  Re: Why do I get an error when I tag a process but not when I publish without tagging?

Posted Jul 14, 2016 01:11 AM

Hi

I saw same issue reported as fixed in the latest cumulative patches  , this is from the cumulative readme file for 5.5.2 and 6.1

I would suggest you to update your system in case you not running the latest version

You can get more information on the available fixes in CA Release Automation Solutions & Patches - CA Technologies

Thanks

Jacky

• 3.  Re: Why do I get an error when I tag a process but not when I publish without tagging?

Posted Jul 14, 2016 09:54 AM

Thank you Jacky.

I can see the reference in the patch readme. I'll get the ball rolling on doing the upgrade and update this thread to confirm that it fixes me problem.

Much appreciated.

• 4.  Re: Why do I get an error when I tag a process but not when I publish without tagging?

Posted Jul 19, 2016 04:34 PM

Sadly, even though the problem I am seeing sounds like the fix that was in the latest patch, I have upgraded to 6.1.0.1051, but still getting the same behavior and error.

• 5.  Re: Why do I get an error when I tag a process but not when I publish without tagging?

Posted Jul 20, 2016 01:11 AM

do you get this with all processes or just one specific one?

if it is one specific one, how much work would it be, to re-create this process? if it is not much to do, I would delete the current one and create a new one with the same flows in it

• 6.  Re: Why do I get an error when I tag a process but not when I publish without tagging?

Posted Jul 20, 2016 01:44 PM

I only get this error with a specific process. Re-building the process would be a pain, however on the strength of your suggestion, I tried copying the process. I was able to tag the copy. That solved this specific problem of tagging.

I'm following up with CA support on what appears to be a related issue with export/import. Basically, the problems with the original process seem to stem from a tag that is corrupt in some way. That tag cannot be deleted, which prevents the process from being deleted and ultimately seems to lead to problems exporting and importing the application.

Do you have any idea how to overcome constraint violations when trying to delete process tags? The following is most of the last email I sent back to my CA support guy. It has lots of gory detail...

----------------

I have new information regarding our problems. They may all be related.

MichaelGebhardt suggested (at https://communities.ca.com/thread/241757471) that I re-build the problematic process. That would be a substantial amount of work. Instead I decided to try copying the process and tagging the copied one. That seemed to have worked. I renamed and moved the old/corrupt process. I then replaced it with the new process in the templates that used it and tested them. The weird thing about that was suddenly *all* of my environment parameter values for all environments were empty! I have not been able to reproduce that, but it’s very concerning.

Then, we found that after the upgrade we could successfully export the application in question, when we tried to import it, we got an error with one of the .dat files: Error: Fail to import application Data-Driven_SingleServer with data apps/4.dat

The exported zip file is attached.

The corresponding error in the nolio_export log file was preceded by a reference to the (now renamed) corrupt process - “CORRUP T-03_DeploySW”:

2016-07-20 10:37:58,657 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] DEBUG (com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.exportimport.model.importdata.ArchitectureDataImporter:1146) - ---------------------Importing value under imported process (1996): com.

1. nolio.platform.server.dataservices.model.values.ParameterValue [105625]Parameter: {name=_LocalInstanceIP, id=27310, description=, containerId=188, containerType=COMPONENT, parameterScope= INTERNAL, committed= true, rootParameterUuid= cd0

8a4a8-b10e-4772-a085-ba0a1373edb3, builtIn= false, class= com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.model.values.Parameter}

2016-07-20 10:37:58,666 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] DEBUG (com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.exportimport.model.importdata.ArchitectureDataImporter:1088) - ---------------------end importing parameters values

2016-07-20 10:37:58,666 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] DEBUG (com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.exportimport.model.importdata.ArchitectureDataImporter:1015) - Import serverFlow credentials (process id 1996)

2016-07-20 10:37:58,671 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] DEBUG (com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.exportimport.model.importdata.ArchitectureDataImporter:491) - ---------------------Start importing executable values for process CORRUP

T-03_DeploySW

2016-07-20 10:37:58,671 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] DEBUG (com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.exportimport.model.importdata.ArchitectureDataImporter:593) - ---------------------End importing executable values

2016-07-20 10:37:58,671 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] ERROR (com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.exportimport.ExportImportServiceImpl:411) - Could not import architecture data

1. java.lang.IllegalStateException

at com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.exportimport.model.importdata.MyImportResolver.check(MyImportResolver.java:24)

at com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.exportimport.model.importdata.MyImportResolver.getNewExecutableId(MyImportResolver.java:36)

at com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.exportimport.model.importdata.ArchitectureDataImporter.convertEml(ArchitectureDataImporter.java:611)

at com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.exportimport.model.importdata.ArchitectureDataImporter.importRemoteExecutions(ArchitectureDataImporter.java:1486)

at com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.exportimport.model.importdata.ArchitectureDataImporter.importRemoteExecutions(ArchitectureDataImporter.java:1462)

at com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.exportimport.model.importdata.ArchitectureDataImporter.importProcess(ArchitectureDataImporter.java:1449)

So… we tried to delete the offending process. That required that we first delete all deployment plans that referenced it. Once we did that, we got the following error when trying to delete it:

Unexpected error on server [org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK6AF5DCF3A504013D". The conflict occurred in database "nolio_db", table "dbo.process_statistics", column 'process_id'.]. Please refer to server logs with timestamp [2016-07-20 13:17:10]

The corresponding nolio_dm_all.log error was:

2016-07-20 13:17:09,938 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] DEBUG (DeleteApplication:102) - Removing server flows for published process PublishedProcess{name='CORRUPT-03_DeploySW',id=582}

2016-07-20 13:17:09,944 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] WARN (org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper:143) - SQL Error: 547, SQLState: 23000

2016-07-20 13:17:09,944 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] ERROR (org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper:144) - The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK6AF5DCF3A504013D". The conflict occurred in database "nolio_db

", table "dbo.process_statistics", column 'process_id'.

2016-07-20 13:17:09,945 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] ERROR (com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.hibernate.NolioHibernateTemplate:203) - Caught hibernate exception.

• org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK6AF5DCF3A504013D". The conflict occurred in database "nolio_db", table "dbo.process_statistics", column 'process_id'.

at org.hibernate.exception.internal.SQLStateConversionDelegate.convert(SQLStateConversionDelegate.java:128)

at org.hibernate.exception.internal.StandardSQLExceptionConverter.convert(StandardSQLExceptionConverter.java:49)

at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper.convert(SqlExceptionHelper.java:125)

at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper.convert(SqlExceptionHelper.java:110)

So… we decided to try eliminating any other relationships we could find through the ROC. We made sure there were no environments with tags for that process enabled and tried to delete all of the tags. When we tried to delete tag 1.0.3, we got a very similar constraint error as that noted above:

Failed to removed the tag [582] error [The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK6AF5DCF3A504013D". The conflict occurred in database "nolio_db", table "dbo.process_statistics", column 'process_id'.; SQL [n/a]; constraint [null]; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK6AF5DCF3A504013D". The conflict occurred in database "nolio_db", table "dbo.process_statistics", column 'process_id'.]

The corresponding nolio_dm_all.log error was:

2016-07-20 13:24:06,795 [http-nio-8080-exec-4] WARN (org.hibernate.cache.ehcache.internal.strategy.AbstractReadWriteEhcacheAccessStrategy:182) - HHH020008: Cache[com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.model.ProcessContainer.quantityCons

traints] Key[com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.model.ProcessContainer.quantityConstraints#582] Lockable[(null)]

A soft-locked cache entry was expired by the underlying Ehcache. If this happens regularly you should consider increasing the cache timeouts and/or capacity limits

2016-07-20 13:24:06,796 [http-nio-8080-exec-4] ERROR (com.nolio.releasecenter.designer.controllers.DesignerEnvironmentController:90) - Controller method error occurred.

1. java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to removed the tag [582] error [The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK6AF5DCF3A504013D". The conflict occurred in database "nolio_db", table "dbo.process_statistics", column '

process_id'.; SQL [n/a]; constraint [null]; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK6AF5DCF3A504013D". The conflict occurred in database "

nolio_db", table "dbo.process_statistics", column 'process_id'.]

at com.nolio.releasecenter.designer.services.DesignerEnvironmentServiceImpl.unpublishProcess(DesignerEnvironmentServiceImpl.java:814)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3095.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

It seems that if we can manage to delete that tag (or just fix whatever is wrong with it), we might get at the underlying issue causing both the tagging and export/import problems.

• 7.  Re: Why do I get an error when I tag a process but not when I publish without tagging?

Posted Jul 20, 2016 02:09 AM

If the issue wan't solved I think you should check with support (Might be this different issue)

• 8.  Re: Why do I get an error when I tag a process but not when I publish without tagging?

Posted Jul 20, 2016 01:44 PM

Yes, I am contact with support. See above for more details.

• 9.  Re: Why do I get an error when I tag a process but not when I publish without tagging?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2016 03:57 AM

Hi Mark ,

Did the answers provided ,answered your question? If it did please mark it as the right answer. When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.

When support provided you with another solution , please let us know what the solution was .

With Kind Regards

Dirk

• 10.  Re: Why do I get an error when I tag a process but not when I publish without tagging?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 12, 2016 10:39 AM

The original question and problem posed in this thread was resolved through contact with CA support. Ultimately, they identified that the tag I identified previously in this thread had associated database corruption. On instruction from CA support I was able to delete associated orphaned records in the database. That allowed me to then delete the problematic tag using the CARA GUI.

The original cause of the data corruption was never determined.