Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Deployment step hangs at step 'Initializing 50%'

Posted Nov 09, 2015 03:36 PM

Can someone offer a few hints or troubleshooting tips on how to 'step into' this process to identify where the problem is?

I can click the 'Go to the process execution' (there is no error displayed, just stuck at '50.0% Initializing'), and can open the process flow diagram, but there is no block that has the focus.  And the status bar (I'm presuming it's a status bar at the top of the group box is highlighted green and empty.

I realize this question is vague, any advice at all, including just some pointers to chapters in the documentation would be most appreciated.

Maybe it's just better to open a support ticket?

Thanks all.

• 2.  Re: Deployment step hangs at step 'Initializing 50%'

Posted Nov 09, 2015 04:08 PM

Most likely the process is waiting for variable values used for initiation. Please check your flow and ensure that all the variables are set properly.

Prasanna

• 3.  Re: Deployment step hangs at step 'Initializing 50%'

Posted Nov 10, 2015 09:41 AM

thanks, in leading up to this stoppage, i did have to go through a few approvals, and the process details reliably showed the 'waiting for approval' step

• 4.  Re: Deployment step hangs at step 'Initializing 50%'

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2015 04:53 PM

Also, if it is a process that has a failed/paused action then opening the ASAP ui, navigating to the environments tab and selecting the top most level object in the left lane will show you running processes. If you double click on the running process it will open the process and normally focus on the action with a problem. If it doesn't focus on the action then click the refresh button in the upper right section of the ui and this will normally fix any problems it had focusing on the problematic action.

Cheers,

Gregg

• 5.  Re: Deployment step hangs at step 'Initializing 50%'

Posted Nov 10, 2015 05:04 AM

Hi,

Can you check if no user input parameter is awaiting to be populated (blue sentence blinking)?

Can you check if you can reproduce the issue by reaching directly the NAC hostname or IP rather than thru a gateway (load-balancer) if it is the case?

Thanks,

Cyrille

• 6.  Re: Deployment step hangs at step 'Initializing 50%'
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 10, 2015 09:39 AM

ok, i kinda feel silly, but then again i guess not too silly...

there was an unavailable agent

shoulda been obvious i guess to check that prior to starting, a learning point for me

but also woulda been helpful for the run to notice that prior to attempting to execute and just fail the execution with that as the response