Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Nexus: Use Hosted Repo for Upload and Proxy Repo to read artifacts?

Posted Feb 17, 2016 05:29 AM

Hi,

we wanted to use two nexus managers. In One Nexus we will create Nolio Repository as hosted  and in another nexus we will create Nolio Repository as proxy.

So is there any way that we can tell RA retrieval agent to use Hosted Repository to upload and use Proxy Repository to read?

We wanted to do this to isolate read traffic from write traffic . Please help on this topic.

• 2.  Re: Nexus: Use Hosted Repo for Upload and Proxy Repo to read artifacts?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 17, 2016 03:37 PM

Unfortunately this is not a standard supported configuration -- Presently Release Automation is designed to manage artifacts through one repository.  I recommend submitting an Idea here in the Communities though if you would like to see that functionality included as an enhancement in a future release.

• 3.  Re: Nexus: Use Hosted Repo for Upload and Proxy Repo to read artifacts?

Posted Feb 17, 2016 09:53 PM

Thanks for the response. Created an idea for this Nexus: Use Hosted Repo for Upload and Proxy Repo to read artifacts 

Please vote for it.

Meanwhile, while we wait for CA to release this feature, are there any options like changing source in nolio-shared-5.5.2.jar? Or Is there any other option as work around?

• 4.  Re: Nexus: Use Hosted Repo for Upload and Proxy Repo to read artifacts?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 18, 2016 10:23 AM

Not that I can recommend from a Support standpoint -- altering source code is very dangerous and not supported. Outside of Support though, this might be worth running by Services to see if perhaps there's any possibility of a more customized solution. Other than that though, I think the enhancement request is the only way to go for the time being.