Release Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Chart can not display more than 30 data-points

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Chart can not display more than 30 data-points

Posted 05-27-2016 09:10 AM

Hello all,

we are having a problem with ROC 5.0.2 reports. The dashboard shows only this:

we habe about 150 applications and perhaps15000 deployments.

For our management, this dashboard is essential. It used to run properly and show values.

Does any of you have experienced similar behaviour? Is there some configuration parameter

to set on the NAC to get this running properly again? Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Chart can not display more than 30 data-points

Posted 06-06-2016 03:46 PM

Hi xhystos,

I have gone ahead and marked Keith's answer as correct, as I believe he answered your original question. If you don't believe his answer was correct, please feel free to unmark it and leave a clarifying content explaining any additional info you need to resolve the question you asked.

Thanks,

Melanie

• 3.  Re: Chart can not display more than 30 data-points

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 06-07-2016 08:35 AM

Hi,

I understand your concerns and limitations on upgrading, i will check with engineering to see if there is anything that can be done in the short term to show the report you are looking for on 5.0.2

Regards

Keith

• 4.  Re: Chart can not display more than 30 data-points
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 05-27-2016 09:23 AM

Hi,

I don't believe there is any configuration change and I believe these reports were deprecated at 5.5.2 and replaced with the new dashboard widgets / reports. What exactly are you trying to report on? is it the number of deployments?

Regards

Keith

• 5.  Re: Chart can not display more than 30 data-points

Posted 06-07-2016 03:36 AM

Hi Melanie

As a customer, simply having the "go upgrade" stanza thrown at is not really solving the issue. The fact is, this report used to work when we had less applications. We did not do any change at our RA infrastructure since applying the last available cumulative patch for 5.0.2 + hotfix patch delivered by CA support. That was more than half a year ago. Doing a big-bang upgrade in production banking is simply no-go, thus "go upgrade" in our environment is a massive pain. It will be months till we get there and in the meantime those reports are missed. I hoped that we could revive them, but apparently it's a clear NO.

• 6.  Re: Chart can not display more than 30 data-points

Posted 06-13-2016 04:16 AM

Hi Keith

Thanks for raising this with engineering, I hope we can find a solution.

Cheers

Bernard

• 7.  Re: Chart can not display more than 30 data-points

Posted 05-30-2016 05:27 AM

Hi Keith

We need to be able to report the number of deployments and the number of applications running within RA. This is a key figure for management.

Thanks.

Bernard

• 8.  Re: Chart can not display more than 30 data-points

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 05-30-2016 06:15 AM

Hi,

in RA 5.5.2 there are standard reports and widgets that show this, do you have any plans to upgrade your RA environment?

regards

keith

• 9.  Re: Chart can not display more than 30 data-points

Posted 06-13-2016 06:15 AM

hi,

did you consider writing your own report by simply querying the database? so, outside of CA RA?

Just a thought, because having it running in CA RA should be the main solution, as you don't really want to have several systems to check, but it might get you there until it is fixed or you upgrade.

best regards

michael

• 10.  Re: Chart can not display more than 30 data-points

Posted 05-30-2016 09:48 AM

We are going to migrate to 6.1. We already have a development 6.1 up and running but due to a number of reasons we can only migrate production this fall. I have seen what you mention but the fact is, in 5.0.2 the dashboard shows a "management chart", even though it takes AGES to display on a RA with a modest number of applications (<10) and deployments. Currently the display is still blinking, even though I have started it > 5 min ago. Unusable.