Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How can I control the number of agents being deployed simultaneously using an Environment parameter?

Posted Apr 29, 2016 01:06 PM

Let's say I have 5 agents assigned to an environment;

• I want only 2 to be out-of-service and being deployed to at a time, but want all of them updated by the end if the deployment.
    • I would like to use an environment parameter to configure the number (2 in this example).

How can I control the number of simultaneous deployments?

• 2.  Re: How can I control the number of agents being deployed simultaneously using an Environment parameter?
    Best Answer

Posted May 01, 2016 04:06 AM

Currently you don't have environment scope parameter to control the number if concurrent agents execution the deployment ,I created new idea for that requirement:Control the number of agents being deployed simultaneously per Environment

Note that you can configured in your process a specific server type execution settings where you can limit/set the amount of concurrent agents that will execute the deployment (This will take place across all environments)

• 3.  Re: How can I control the number of agents being deployed simultaneously using an Environment parameter?

Posted May 05, 2016 03:01 PM

Hi eis_mlynch,

Did Jacky's response answer your question? If so, please be sure to mark it as correct.

Thanks!

Melanie

• 4.  Re: How can I control the number of agents being deployed simultaneously using an Environment parameter?

Posted May 06, 2016 11:13 AM

Yes, this is a useful approach until the "Control the number of agents being deployed simultaneously per Environment" idea is implemented.