Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  NAC trying to load non-existent Execution Job by JobID

Posted Jun 21, 2016 04:38 AM

Hi All,

We have a scenario where NAC is repeatedly trying to load an execution job by the jobid and causing exceptions.

The Exception shown in nolio_dm_all.log is as below:

2016-06-20 12:14:01,988 [http-nio-8080-exec-13] WARN  (com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.execution.cache.JobsCacheImpl:58) - Failed to load ExecutionJob[id=1933324] to cache

1. com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.execution.cache.NoItemToLoadException: job id[1933324]

at com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.execution.cache.JobDatabaseLoaderImpl.tryLoadOnlineJobFromDatabase(JobDatabaseLoaderImpl.java:54)

at com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.execution.cache.JobDatabaseLoaderImpl.loadOnlineJobFromDatabase(JobDatabaseLoaderImpl.java:47)

at com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.execution.cache.JobsCacheImpl$1.load(JobsCacheImpl.java:56)

We tried to investigate in DB for the presence of this JOB ID, but could not find it in any of the tables.

Please advise as how we can find this job and clear it.

Thanks

Paneendra

• 2.  Re: NAC trying to load non-existent Execution Job by JobID

Posted Jun 22, 2016 05:31 AM

too bad, I didn't document the error on our site, but I know I have seen it before, so I'm not sure if any of the following points will help:

- open the automation studio and go to the online audit report, create a new one for the time "year to date" and see if anything is currently running

- republish the process and make sure, that it is assigned to the environment you try to deploy

- I assume you checked the "execution_jobs" table?

- did you look into the jmx? maybe there is a request you could use to find the details with the jobID you have (I'm not very familiar with it though, so I can't really help there)

• 3.  Re: NAC trying to load non-existent Execution Job by JobID

Posted Jun 22, 2016 06:03 AM

Hi Micheal,

- The Online audit report came up blank from Jan 2015 till date, trying to find something older than that.

- We checked DB in all the tables which had the string 'JOB' in the table name including Execution_Jobs table.

- The JMX didnt have any active jobs and the JobID that is causing the exception is not listed anywhere.

We are not able to get the process details.

Please advise on how we can get the process details.

Thanks

Paneendra

• 4.  Re: NAC trying to load non-existent Execution Job by JobID

Posted Jun 22, 2016 06:08 AM

did you try a reboot/service restart?

also, do you just see this entry in the logs or is something blocked in the UI as well?

because it is only listed as a warning in the log.

you also might want to open a case with CA for that

• 5.  Re: NAC trying to load non-existent Execution Job by JobID

Posted Jun 22, 2016 06:17 AM

Hi Micheal,

The exception has started showing up only in logs. It started appearing after the NAC service was restarted.

CA Support Case 00436334 has been raised for this issue.

• 6.  Re: NAC trying to load non-existent Execution Job by JobID
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 22, 2016 11:31 PM

Hi,

Your problem is not same as my experience actually, although I could resolve cache problem to rename persistent folder before.

Windows case:

1. Stop [Nolio Release Automation Server] service on NAC.
    2. Stop [Nolio Agent] service on Agent machine.
    3. Rename [C:\Program Files\CA\ReleaseAutomationServer\persistency] to [persistent_YYYYMMDD] on NAC.
    4. Rename [C:\Program Files\CA\NolioAgent\persistency] to [persistent_YYYYMMDD] on Agent.
      If agent is also on NAC, folder is [C:\Program Files\CA\ReleaseAutomationServer\NolioAgent\persistency].
    5. Start services on NAC and Agent.

And then, persistent folder will be recreated.

I'm not sure to resolve, but I hope it helps you.

Thanks

Yas

• 7.  Re: NAC trying to load non-existent Execution Job by JobID

Posted Jun 23, 2016 12:23 AM

Hi Yas

Note that the persistentcy folder exist only on execution server and agent server and not on server that only serve as NAC.

Thanks

Jacky

• 8.  Re: NAC trying to load non-existent Execution Job by JobID

Posted Jun 24, 2016 07:38 AM

Hi All,

Thank you for your valuable inputs.

We tried the following on all the Execution servers (about 25 of them).

1. Stop NES.

2. clean up of the folders - persistency, files_temp, files_cache

3. Start the NES.

Post this the Exception stopped and we are no longer seeing it in the nolio_dm_all.log

Thanks & Regards

Paneendra