Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Long Running CMD call in deployment, timeouts?

Posted Apr 11, 2016 01:46 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm just having a strange situation and hope one of you can help me with that. We have a "monitor deployment" that just checks the current status of the initial loads of a database. The initial loads can take from a couple of minutes up to several hours (up to 24h+). So this monitoring was started on friday and I just logged into ARA and have seen that it appears to be still running, but when I go to the process and double click the cmd call it does say that there is no additional information available as the job has ended. I'm getting the same in Automation Studio, when I double click the action it does say it is still running, but when I want to check for additional information, it says that the job ended.

Sooo, my question: is there an internal timeout on actions, that they just don't react anymore? Or is it the case, that even after like 20h the cmd action should react to the return value of the script that it startet?

I was expecting the last one, but it appears I might be wrong with that.

Thanks,

Michael

• 2.  Re: Long Running CMD call in deployment, timeouts?

Posted Apr 11, 2016 01:50 AM

I just have seen that the server on which this action was running had a downtime on the weekend, that might explain the situation.

I'm still curious about the timeout or better said if it is possible to have an action running for 24h+ :-)

• 3.  Re: Long Running CMD call in deployment, timeouts?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 11, 2016 05:58 AM

If you didn't set time-out for the action it design to run until the execution finished/stopped so it can work more than 24h

• 4.  Re: Long Running CMD call in deployment, timeouts?

Posted Apr 13, 2016 12:57 AM

thanks jacky :-)