Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How can I set the environments availability and order on Deployment Pipeline Overview screen for all users?

Posted Apr 22, 2016 09:26 AM

I just discovered to my surprise (and horror) that changes I make on the Deployment Pipeline Overview screen to remove and reorder environments in the pipeline for a given project has no affect on what other users see in that screen. I had previously assumed that changes on this screen affected the available environments and the order in which deployments get promoted through the environments for the project, not the currently logged in user.

Is there some secret to getting changes made on this screen to be project specific rather than user specific?

It doesn't make any sense to me that a "pipeline" should look and function differently depending who you are. All users view of a pipeline should be the same. If I execute the "Promote to Next Environment" function on the "Test" environment, expecting it to deploy to the "Staging" environment, a different user should have the same expectation when they "Promote to Next Environment" from the "Test" environment.

• 2.  Re: How can I set the environments availability and order on Deployment Pipeline Overview screen for all users?

Posted Apr 22, 2016 05:03 PM

• 3.  Re: How can I set the environments availability and order on Deployment Pipeline Overview screen for all users?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 24, 2016 06:46 AM

The following query will allow you sort specific user pipeline based on another other user pipeline setting (It will only sort the identical environments exist in both users pipeline)

The input for the query is source and destination users and the project name

This is not official way to do it , but might assist you until formal solution will be in place.

Please run proper tests before using in production.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

update

-- set username you want to change the pipeline order, e.g John

user_pipeline_env_order upeo_s

inner join user_pipeline_report_pref uprp_s on upeo_s.pipeline_report_id = uprp_s.id and uprp_s.name = 'John'

inner join rc_version rcv_s on rcv_s.id = uprp_s.projectId and rcv_s.name = 'Project1'

-- set username to copy the pipeline order from , e,g superuser

inner join user_pipeline_env_order upeo_o on upeo_o.environment_id = upeo_s.environment_id

inner join user_pipeline_report_pref uprp_o

on upeo_o.pipeline_report_id = uprp_o.id and uprp_o.name = 'superuser'

inner join rc_version rcv_o

on rcv_o.id = uprp_o.projectId and rcv_o.name = 'Project1' and rcv_o.id = rcv_s.id

set upeo_s.priority = upeo_o.priority ;

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried it on MySQL base system

Thanks

Jacky

• 4.  Re: How can I set the environments availability and order on Deployment Pipeline Overview screen for all users?

Posted Apr 25, 2016 10:43 AM

Thanks Jacky.

Appreciate the workaround.

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for a formal solution. Thanks for voting up and adding to the idea post.

• 5.  Re: How can I set the environments availability and order on Deployment Pipeline Overview screen for all users?

Posted Feb 08, 2017 04:24 AM

Hello.

I'm having the same problem.