Release Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

We need table to retrieve user permissions

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  We need table to retrieve user permissions

Posted 12-29-2015 11:42 PM

Hi,

As what we understand that there is no option in RA to export User Permissions.

Hence we are looking for a SQL Query which can retreive the User Permissions including if he is a superuser or Administrator as well.

For groups we are able to achieve that by

select * from group_roles

Now we want similar query for User Roles.

Database in MS SQL.

Any help greatly appreciated

• 2.  Re: We need table to retrieve user permissions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 12-31-2015 06:10 AM
      |   view attached

Hello there.  Let’s start with the easy ones first.  Have a look at tables, authorities and users, to get the userid and their respective roles.

As far as permissions goes, have a look at these tables:

acl_entry

acl_object_identity

acl_class

acl_sid

I am not 100% sure of the relationship between these tables but they make up the permission side of things.

Can I ask, why are you looking to retrieve user permission information via the database?

• 3.  Re: We need table to retrieve user permissions

Posted 01-03-2016 09:09 PM

Hi, Thanks for your response. I wanted to retrieve all the users who are superuser, who are security and  permissions administrator, who are systems administrator.

I am ok, even if there is an option like that any where in UI. Verifying each and every user access one by one will be time consuming and tedious.

• 4.  Re: We need table to retrieve user permissions
    Best Answer

Posted 01-07-2016 07:48 AM

You might want to vote for this idea, which among other contains your requirement. We also need to be able to retrieve and set a number of configuration parameters by some other means than clicking hours on end.