Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  NES Supernode not working as it should?

Posted Apr 13, 2015 06:47 PM

Need some help here.

I'm setting up NES supernode by adding other NES address into "supernodes" block in nimi_config.xml of respective agents. (Tried using "Change Execution Server of the selected agents" too from ASAP).

Once configured, agent restarted.

Observation:

1) Sometimes, one of the agent will appear in both NES. After few minutes, it will settle on one NES.

2) Stop one of the NES service which contain agent. I'm expecting the agent will be rerouted to the secondary NES, but it does not.

Did i miss anything?

• 2.  Re: NES Supernode not working as it should?

Posted Apr 14, 2015 04:28 AM

I believe both issues related to the facts the agents/NES connection is not permanently open. During idle time (When the agents not participated in any deployment) the agents/NES establish connection every 14 minutes and keep it open for two minutes  (This is the default settings when Firewall is open from bidirectional  ) just to make sure they still able to communicate.

e.g if you stop the NES during this idle time , the agent is not aware of that the NES server is down but only the next time he will try to establish connection he won't be able to connect and will  fail over to the secondary NES server

Thanks

Jacky

• 3.  Re: NES Supernode not working as it should?

Posted Apr 14, 2015 08:08 PM

Thanks Jacky M,

I've waited more than 30minutes after disabling one of the NES service but deployment still failed.

NES_Disabled.PNG

Failed_at_ROC.PNG

Is that unusual?

• 4.  Re: NES Supernode not working as it should?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 15, 2015 01:48 AM

I would check both agent and NES logs to get more information why the agent is offline (Also verify agent nimi_config.xml is setup correctly)