Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  F5 Action Pack - Enable/Disable Members of a Global Pool

Posted Aug 20, 2014 04:51 PM

I am trying to run a "F5 - Disable Member" action against a member of a Global/GTM Pool. When I run the action I get an error saying:

Pool "/Common/POOLNAME" is not found in active partition.

I have input all required values (F5 Management IP, F5 User name, F5 Password, Pool Name, Member Address, and Member Port).

When I run "F5 - Get Pool State" action against the exact same pool name, the action passes.

Is this an issue with running this action against Global Pool members? Is this a configuration issue?

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: F5 Action Pack - Enable/Disable Members of a Global Pool

Posted Aug 21, 2014 10:44 AM

I would suggest you to check nolio_all.log , in the past the action was printing all pool that it found , this could help identify if the action able to find any pool at all (Note that pool name is case sensitive)

Thanks

Jacky

• 3.  Re: F5 Action Pack - Enable/Disable Members of a Global Pool

Posted Aug 22, 2014 07:04 AM

We also had some problems with the F5 action pack. We found out that BigIp-F5 always fills in the last used Partition Name if you leave it blank in your action.

It might be advisable to explicitly fill in your Partition Name, even if this is COMMON.

Hope this helps,

Taco Bakker

ING

Which version of F5 are you running? Note that a new action pack for F5 has recently been released. This might also help!