Release Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Hi, While installing Management Server part with an remote SQL Server , the  installer gives the error   Installation cannot continue. Cannot create DB tables. Check user  privileges. [Column name containerid does not exist in the target table or  view.]

• 1.  Hi, While installing Management Server part with an remote SQL Server , the  installer gives the error   Installation cannot continue. Cannot create DB tables. Check user  privileges. [Column name containerid does not exist in the target table or  view.]

Posted Aug 01, 2014 07:28 AM

Installation done with sa user.

• 2.  Re: Hi, While installing Management Server part with an remote SQL Server , the  installer gives the error   Installation cannot continue. Cannot create DB tables. Check user  privileges. [Column name containerid does not exist in the target table or  vie

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2014 08:32 AM

Hi,

Can you confirm which version of MS SQL you are using and also if you are using SQL or SQL express?

Regards

Keith

• 3.  Re: Hi, While installing Management Server part with an remote SQL Server , the  installer gives the error   Installation cannot continue. Cannot create DB tables. Check user  privileges. [Column name containerid does not exist in the target table or  vie
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 04, 2014 04:13 AM

Hi,

It is MS SQL Server 2012.

We found the problem. It was related with server collation : TURKISH_CI_AS

The db creation script within the Installer, first create the values_for_params as containerId :

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[values_for_params](

[ID] [numeric](19, 0) IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,

[containerId] [numeric](19, 0) NULL,

[parameterId] [numeric](19, 0) NULL,

[CONTAINER_TYPE] [int] NULL,

[value] [numeric](19, 0) NULL, ….

Then, later on, the below alter statement cause the error:

alter table values_for_params

add constraint vfp_uniq unique (containerid, parameterid, container_type)

When we changed the collation to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AI, installation completed without a problem.

The default collation Turkish_CI_AS and db creation script does not seem to be compatible with this.

Maybe it should be tested by your engineers.

Just for information, in Turkish alphabet, there are two letters different from each other: ( I-ı  and İ- i ). On contrary to english, the lower case of the capital I is ı (without dot), and the capital case of lower case i is İ (with dot).

Regards,

• 4.  Re: Hi, While installing Management Server part with an remote SQL Server , the  installer gives the error   Installation cannot continue. Cannot create DB tables. Check user  privileges. [Column name containerid does not exist in the target table or  vie

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 04, 2014 05:03 AM

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know that the issue has been resolved, I will confirm with engineering which collation is officially supported and have this included in the official documentation.

Regards

Keith