Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrade Plan Template for Clarity (Tech Tip)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 22, 2021 04:17 PM
      |   view attached

Hello fellow Communities members

I wanted to share this upgrade plan template that you can use. This can be used as generic baseline for your upgrade planning/runbook.

It's in Excel format which allows you to add comments, additional steps that are for your environment only etc. 

This includes:

• Prerequisites
    • Clarity Upgrade
    • PMO Upgrade
    • Jaspersoft upgrade

Our recommendation, if you are planning an upgrade: would be to schedule a meeting with your Account manager and Clarity Support to go over the filled plan before you proceed with the upgrade.

Hope this helps! -Nika

------------------------------
    Nika Hadzhikidi
    Sr Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

Attachment(s)

xlsx
    Clarity Upgrade Plan.xlsx   13 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Upgrade Plan Template for Clarity (Tech Tip)

Posted Jul 23, 2021 01:32 AM

That is great. Thanks for sharing.

One think that comes into my mind is to reword

Remove all customizations (database objects - SPs, functions, triggers). Those can be created later

Rather than remove, create installation packages for those or at least document them.

• 3.  RE: Upgrade Plan Template for Clarity (Tech Tip)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 23, 2021 12:00 PM
    Hi Martti

This is a good point, thank you for your comment. I purposefully said it this way because the customization may be different and this is out of scope of our Support. So we don't want to give any specific instructions on this apart from the fact that the general guidance customizations shouldn't be there when the upgrade is running. It's more as a guideline from our part and then once customer is on call with us and Account team, we can definitely suggest to remove / document / package /engage partners if needed.

Nika Hadzhikidi
    Sr Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom