Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Split ETC on Role Replacement

Posted May 15, 2020 05:00 PM
    When I tried to replace a generic role with a named resource, the role will not get replaced entirely in assignment. For example, a role has 8.00 ETC initially. After replacing it with a named resource, the ETC became 0.08 and the other 99% (7.92) is assigned to the named resource.

Does anyone know why the role won't get replaced 100%?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Split ETC on Role Replacement

Posted May 16, 2020 01:52 AM
    Do the role and the resource have the same availability?

• 3.  RE: Split ETC on Role Replacement

Posted May 18, 2020 09:34 AM
    Yes same availability

• 4.  RE: Split ETC on Role Replacement
    Best Answer

Posted May 18, 2020 11:34 AM
    This typically happens when the named resource does not have sufficient availability to take all of the ETC that was planned for the Role. 
    The only way I found to correct this is to go into ARP and manually assign the remaining 0.08 hours to the named resource and set the ETC of the Role to 0.
    You will then "overallocate" the names resource so it is up to you if that is what you want.

• 5.  RE: Split ETC on Role Replacement

Posted May 18, 2020 12:04 PM
    Thank you Jan for your response. The resource in the case has an availability of 8.00 which matches exactly with the role ETC. Also when I replace the role, the resource is shown 100% match with the role. 

How do I check if the named resource does not have sufficient availability?

Let say the named resource indeed doesn't have sufficient availability. Is there way to avoid this from happening?

Thanks!