Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Multi Select Param as Param to Single Select Lookup

Posted Nov 30, 2020 12:00 PM
    Hi,

I have a requirement we crated a New Object similar to Lookup mapping object, created all the rules for 3 attributes, 1st Attribute Multi Select, 2nd Single Select, 3rd Multi Select Attribute, 2nd Attribute Value depends upon the selection of the 1st multi select field, 3rd multi select field depends on 2nd Single select field

Issue is not able to pass the 1st attribute values to 2nd attribute, it works fine when value is single select, if value is more than one in 1st lookup  second lookup is not displaying any values.
    Even though if value is available in second lookup on single select in 1st lookup, after saving the value field is displaying blank but db is having the value

I have been using the param as String_list: 
    Ex:
    AND MR.UNIQUE_NAME IN @WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:STRING_LIST:managers@

Any Input on the above is much Appreciated.

Regards,
    Arun

• 2.  RE: Multi Select Param as Param to Single Select Lookup

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2020 01:04 PM
    Does it work if you put it in parenthesis?

like this?

AND MR.UNIQUE_NAME IN (@WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:STRING_LIST:managers@)  

• 3.  RE: Multi Select Param as Param to Single Select Lookup

Posted Dec 09, 2020 03:20 AM

Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for your response, I have tried in that approach but did not work, we need to use the regular expression to convert the OOTB generated value so that it works.

Thanks,

Arun

• 4.  RE: Multi Select Param as Param to Single Select Lookup

Posted Dec 08, 2020 05:13 AM
    Hi.
    The list is passed with separator ~:~  and without parentesis, so in the dependent lookup you have to play around replacing ~:~ with ','
    example: value1~:~value2~:~value3 should become  ('value1','value2','value3')

• 5.  RE: Multi Select Param as Param to Single Select Lookup

Posted Dec 09, 2020 03:18 AM
    Edited by Arun Kumar Thalla Dec 09, 2020 03:21 AM
    Hi Stefano,

Thanks for your input that helped me in sorting out the issue.

I have used the following regular expression to get the string in correct format "Field in  ('val1','val2','val3')"

Format:
    AND (inv.manager_id in (select trim(regexp_substr(replace(@WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:STRING:param1@,'~:~',','), '[^,]+', 1, level)) str from dual
    CONNECT BY instr(replace(@WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:STRING:param1@,'~:~',','), ',', 1, level - 1) > 0))

Thanks,
    Arun