Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Filters and Buttons on Select Task page on Timesheet do not work as expected

• 1.  Filters and Buttons on Select Task page on Timesheet do not work as expected

Posted Jul 29, 2020 08:42 AM
    Hi,

We are on Clarity v13.3 and recently we noticed that filters and buttons on the 'Select Task' page used to add tasks to the timesheet don't work as expected in Chrome and Firefox browsers. The 'Filter' and 'Show All' buttons on this page works only once per session. However, it works on IE. We couldn't retrieve much from the logs that could be related to this issue. Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

We are currently using the following versions for our browser
    IE - 11.9
    Chrome - Version 83.0.4103.61 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Firefox - 76.0.1 (64-bit)

------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Meera

• 2.  RE: Filters and Buttons on Select Task page on Timesheet do not work as expected

Posted Jul 29, 2020 08:51 AM
    That version of Chrome was the one with the (major) problems described here;
    https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=7db0b8c3-caec-4772-beb0-3f19cb329057&CommunityKey=7f0cbca3-5f93-4d44-a369-1a8ce98f5578&tab=digestviewer#bm73534024-4333-471c-b992-6fa861b64492

• 3.  RE: Filters and Buttons on Select Task page on Timesheet do not work as expected

Posted Jul 29, 2020 09:55 AM
    Hi David,

Thanks for the prompt response. We are aware of the issue with this version of Chrome.Do you know if this issue exists with Firefox browsers as well? 

Thanks,
    Meera

• 4.  RE: Filters and Buttons on Select Task page on Timesheet do not work as expected

Posted Jul 29, 2020 10:10 AM
    Edited by David Morton Jul 29, 2020 10:12 AM
    I have no idea I'm afraid, I was just pointing out that the version of Chrome you are using has _many_ issues and really should not be used at all!

If you were aware of the issues with Chrome I find it strange that you would even consider trying to use that version at all, let alone investigate problems with it - upgrade your Chrome and see if you have the same problem!

• 5.  RE: Filters and Buttons on Select Task page on Timesheet do not work as expected

Posted Jul 29, 2020 10:59 AM
    Hi David,

We got to know about the issues with Chrome version and already advised the users to use Firefox instead. Since now we are facing problems with Firefox as well,I wanted to check about the Firefox version incompatibilities. Just wondering if there is stable version of a browser to use at all.

Thanks
    Meera

• 6.  RE: Filters and Buttons on Select Task page on Timesheet do not work as expected

Posted Jul 29, 2020 11:16 AM
    The up-to-date version of Chrome perhaps!

• 7.  RE: Filters and Buttons on Select Task page on Timesheet do not work as expected
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 29, 2020 10:35 AM
    Hi Meera,

This problem was affecting Chrome and Edge (Chromium based)
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=191277

Cheers,
    Raúl

• 8.  RE: Filters and Buttons on Select Task page on Timesheet do not work as expected

Posted Jul 29, 2020 11:09 AM
    Thank you Raul!

• 9.  RE: Filters and Buttons on Select Task page on Timesheet do not work as expected

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 30, 2020 03:52 AM
    Hi Meera 

Clarity 13.3 was never tested to work with modern browsers to today and i wont be surprised if it doesn;t work. Now what kind of issues you see and then if you can share the app ca logs i might be able to co relate. However its time you plan to upgrade clarity. Clarity 13.3 was end of life in 2016 and you are trying to make it work with browser version released in 2020

Here is our release life cycle dates https://support.broadcom.com/external/content/release-announcements/CA-PPM-Release-and-Support-Lifecycle-Dates/5894

Thanks & Regards
    Suman Pramanik
    Sr. Principal Support Engineer | Customer Success & Support, Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom