Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Custom process - Single select object only from object's list view

Posted Mar 30, 2020 03:27 AM
    Hello there!

I created a custom process that can be executed from the object's list view and perform the action on the selected object instance.
    The requirement is that the process should be executed only against one object instance at a time.

Is there a way to prompt an error message when users attempt to execute the process against multiple selected object instances?

I saw this behavior in OOTB processes but not sure if it can be replicated in custom processes.

Thanks in advance

------------------------------
    Rhine
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Custom process - Single select object only from object's list view
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2020 03:43 AM
    Hi Rhine,
    I do not think you can avoid the option of selecting multiple instances at the same time from the list view.
    If you want to delimit the process being launched on multiple instances at the same time, why don't you set the action that calls the process at object instance properties level?
    That way you would only be able to run it on the instance that you have edited.
    Regards
    Joxi

• 3.  RE: Custom process - Single select object only from object's list view

Posted Mar 30, 2020 10:07 PM
    Can you give a little bit of information about what the process is doing?  This would assist in trying to describe a solution, based on an usual requirement of preventing the process running against multiple selected object instances. 

If for example, it was a child object, that when it gets updated, goes back and updates some statistical data on the parent, I could appreciate this requirement.  If this is the case, then you could have a flag on the parent object which is set to 'on' by a process on the child, which starts an additional process on the parent object to capture that data.  The process on the parent would be set to 'Do not start process when one is already running'.  If two or more records are updated by the child list view, this will only result in one process being run on the parent.