Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  View query data after GCP migration

Posted Jul 29, 2020 01:56 PM
    Hi,

We have recently migrated to GCP data center.Please help me with the below queries.

1) How to connect to database and DWH schema?
    2) Is there any application which needs to be downloaded to check the queries data earlier used to be oracle SQL developer?

Please help me with any document which explains the step by step procedure on connecting and viewing the query data.

Thank you in advance.
    Jeevana.

• 2.  RE: View query data after GCP migration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 30, 2020 04:13 AM
    Like earlier access to database is no longer provided in GCP.

------------------------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Suman Pramanik
    Sr. Principal Support Engineer | Customer Success & Support, Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: View query data after GCP migration

Posted Jul 30, 2020 05:02 AM
    Edited by Jeevana Battu Jul 30, 2020 05:03 AM
    Hi Suman,

Thank you for your reply.

Since VPN access and Oracle SQL developer can no longer be used for developing SQL query, I read that we can utilize Power BI OData. As per the excerpt from The Broadcom document

As an alternative, after the transition to the GCP data center, we recommend customers explore the use of the OData REST API to connect to the data warehouse database for necessary reporting information. In addition, the OData service will provide a WebSQL functionality that allows admins to write/test queries against the DWH schema. WebSQL is for validating queries and viewing small data only. WebSQL cannot be used for data extraction.

Do you have any document/ guide or any other reference in this regard?

Thanks,
    Jeevana

• 4.  RE: View query data after GCP migration
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 30, 2020 05:52 AM
    Its not there yet and we plan to provide that capability soon

Thanks & Regards
    Suman Pramanik
    Sr. Principal Support Engineer | Customer Success & Support, Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom