Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  expoet tasks on Workbench

Posted May 25, 2020 08:45 AM
    Edited by May-rav Sutton May 25, 2020 08:45 AM
    Hi,
    Can anyone please explain to me what is "Workbench"?
    I'm trying to export the tasks in New UX across all views, I see that there are two options for exporting: 'Workbench Read Only' and 'Workbench Read-Write'
    The problem is that when I press the buttons, an error message appears:
    "Unable to start scheduler - Workbench createDispach error"

Is this software I need to download to my computer? Interface that needs to be created with some system?
    Please someone shine my eyes!

Thanks

• 2.  RE: expoet tasks on Workbench

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2020 09:07 AM
    Hello,

It is a scheduler that you can install and use it.

You have all the details on how to install it and use it on the doc, starting on this chapter:
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/clarity-project-and-portfolio-management-ppm-on-premise/15-8/Using-Classic-Clarity-PPM/project-management/owb-manage-projects-with-open-workbench/owb-install-and-configure-open-workbench.html

Cheers,
    Raúl

• 3.  RE: expoet tasks on Workbench

Posted May 25, 2020 09:39 AM
    @Raul Montejano
    Does the Workbench will help me to export the tasks in some nice view and let me edit it after exporting?

• 4.  RE: expoet tasks on Workbench

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2020 11:26 AM
    Hello,

It does more than exporting the tasks, like the Gantt or MSP, it is being used as a scheduler and you can use it to manage the tasks:

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/clarity-project-and-portfolio-management-ppm-on-premise/15-8/using/new-user-experience-create-open-and-view-projects/new-user-experience-project-phases-milestones-tasks-and-to-do-items.html

If you would like just the tasks to be exported, you can use the export to csv function and use Excel to view/edit the exported data.

Cheers,
    Raúl

• 5.  RE: expoet tasks on Workbench
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 26, 2020 02:52 AM

Hi May-Rav, 

OpenWorkbench is an external scheduler that can be used with Clarity but it is not mandatory to use it.   
    You can just as well use the Clarity functionality for defining and editing Tasks.
    It offers you 3 views for doing this,   the Time-line view ( Gantt ),  a Kanban Style board and the Grid view. 
    Have a look and I'm pretty sure it will meet your needs. 

Have a a nice day,

Marc

• 6.  RE: expoet tasks on Workbench

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 26, 2020 02:57 AM
    Hey, you can review how to use Tasks in the New UX here. We have a couple of videos that should help you get started.

Warm Regards
    Akshay

------------------------------
    Clarity PPM Documentation Team
    ------------------------------