Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Time-varying field date information

Posted May 26, 2020 04:42 AM
    Hi,

I have a custom time-varying field on a custom object.
    Where can I get the information from database, which dates have been entered in the UI?

For example I can enter several rows with start and end dates and values:
    4/8/2020 - 4/21/2020    667
    5/14/2020 - 6/28/2020    500
    7/25/2020 - 7/25/2020     200

I can see the Slices in the Database on the custom tables like ODF_SL_5028030_M and ODF_SL_5028030_D and see what PPM calculates for the months and days, which are included in the ranges above.

But I cannot see the information which start and end dates have been entered exactly for each row by the user.

This must be stored somewhere. Can somebody help me out?

------------------------------
    Thanks and regards
    Christoph

• 2.  RE: Time-varying field date information
    Best Answer

Posted May 26, 2020 07:50 AM
    The "row" is the record on your custom-object ( so the odf_ca_XXXXX record in the database ).
    But you can't (easily*) read the time-varying values from that record in SQL, so the application provides the "slices" of that information in the relational tables (which you have found) and it groups the data in monthly buckets or daily buckets (all depending on the setup)

So there is no "row" containing all your data, it is a SUM of multiple values from the slices.

* - we can read the data using some pretty complicated techniques, but that is a different topic.

• 3.  RE: Time-varying field date information

Posted May 27, 2020 08:38 AM
    Thanks David,

OK. So that is what I have assumed, and don't need to search further.

And yes, I also have handled some Slice calculations to retrieve different data for reports etc.

But in this special case I would need every single entry, which was made for the dates. Especially the start and end dates.
    If I get this right, it is not possible to report those date ranges by row. Only the summarization of Slices over the month or the year...

Thanks and regards
    Christoph

• 4.  RE: Time-varying field date information

Posted May 27, 2020 08:54 AM
    Edited by David Morton May 27, 2020 08:55 AM
    Not sure that you can guarantee to be able to get the MIN/MAX of the entries in the slice records since the range of records will only cover the range that the slice is set up against which is not necessarily the same range as the data entered.

(Although my experience has only been using sliced numeric values not dates so I could be saying misleading things!)