Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Jaspersoft advance reporting home page not working properly

Posted Oct 27, 2020 08:56 AM
    Hi , we have upgraded our clarity environment from 15.3 to 15.8.1 and jaspersoft from 6.2 to 7.1.3.  Application server is working just fine as expected however Advance reporting is not working as expected. we have a cluster setup which included 4 application server and 4 jaspersoft server. 

After upgrading the Jaspersoft individual nodes are working just fine, i am able to run reports. the Load balancer URL also working  and i am able to login using superuser credentials. But the after logging in the jasper server home page do not show the options for reports, view etc.
    Also when i am trying to navigate to advance reporting the home page is not showing properly. It is showing the TIBCO page.

Could you please help me here. I have attached the screenshots as well.

• 2.  RE: Jaspersoft advance reporting home page not working properly

Posted Oct 28, 2020 07:48 AM
    Any Update on this?

• 3.  RE: Jaspersoft advance reporting home page not working properly

Posted Oct 29, 2020 05:12 AM
    Hi @Moumita dutta

Not sure if we had the exact same issue but after a recent upgrade to v15.8.1  we had a similar issue of Jaspersoft showing weird CSS styles from TIBCO page, coupled with intermittent error 500 thrown on the CLARITY pages.

The real issue was only due to one particular "corrupt" server in our Clarity App Cluster (we had used Distribute All for upgrading non-csa servers). In any of your app-ca or bg-ca logs, if you find the following lines especially after a service restart, then i will safely assume that you also have the exact same issue.
    Could not verify database connection for Local TenantInstance with id = clarity marking as an invalid configuration.

If so, please check the thread https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=54adfa31-fcf6-4ab3-b7b6-5f1eb22ab4b5&CommunityKey=7f0cbca3-5f93-4d44-a369-1a8ce98f5578&tab=digestviewer 

Regards,
    Georgy

• 4.  RE: Jaspersoft advance reporting home page not working properly

Posted Oct 29, 2020 11:38 AM
    Hi Georgy,

Thanks for your input. 

It looks like that we had issues with SSL. We have the Load balancer URL on HTTPS and individual nodes on HTTP. which was not working properly. As of now we have changed 1 of the clustered server on HTTPS. After which the home page is working fine in the Load balancer URL.

However now if i try to navigate to advance reporting it shows me below messgae.
    Error 500 - Internal Server Error. The server could not retrieve the document due to server-configuration or other technical problems. Contact your site administrator.

I have regenerated the key store file and put it in the jasperserver/web-INF/config path. but it did not resolved the issue.

also in the app ca log i am getting the below error message.
    Caused by: com.ca.jasper.restAdapter.JasperException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

I have put the Jaserserver SSL certificate in the clarity NSA enabled app server path.
    java\jdk-11.0.6+10\lib\security

Maybe you can give me some input on this.

• 5.  RE: Jaspersoft advance reporting home page not working properly

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 02, 2020 04:54 AM
    Hi Moumita

If you can share the tomcat logs  from Jaspersoft that will provide more information.

------------------------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Suman Pramanik
    Sr. Principal Support Engineer | Customer Success & Support, Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------