Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Custom Report Not Working

Posted Jun 29, 2020 02:18 PM
    Good afternoon, for the past few weeks I've been working with support to try and extract data via an out of the box report.  The long and the short of it is that I had to change some timeslices. With the change in timeslices,  a custom report is now generating 0 hours for data.  I asked for assistance from support and because it's a custom report they will not assist even though we have a service contract.

Is anyone able to help?  I'm not sure what information to provide.  I'm a bit frustrated that the changes they made have caused and issue and I can't get any help :(

Suggestions?

• 2.  RE: Custom Report Not Working

Posted Jun 30, 2020 04:28 AM
    If whomever built your custom report, required data from the timeslices that was not delivered by the out-of-the-box timeslice configuration and so amended that timeslice configuration (and you have just reset the configuration, so undoing those changes) ; then that could explain your scenario. Although I would think that as a developer one should never un-configure the out-of-the-box settings, only ever extend them (add your own slices if needed) as part of custom development. Its possible your custom report was using a custom-slice (which has now been removed). 

So you really need to know what timeslices your custom report is looking for to deliver its data, and then work out why your timeslices do not deliver that data.

(It could also just be as simple as the data range you are using as parameters rather than the actual configuration of the slices).

• 3.  RE: Custom Report Not Working

Posted Jun 30, 2020 08:49 AM

Is there a way to find out what time slices the report uses?

• 4.  RE: Custom Report Not Working
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 30, 2020 09:26 AM
    You'd have to look at the underlying "code" that the report uses - ultimately its the SQL that is pulling the data from the slice tables (whether that SQL is encapsulated in some report domain design or just as SQL in a report itself is very much down to how that report is built).