Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Dependencies Management in Clarity

Posted Oct 31, 2019 08:03 AM
    Hello,

We are using the New UI and version 15.5.1. Is it correct to say that recording dependencies in the system is only available at a very basic level? I'm aware that you can reflect dependencies at the project level as either:
    • Investments that depend on this one OR
    • Investments this one depends on
    And the relevant investments will be listed but with limited detail.

It doesn't appear that dependency management is possible to the same level as that of Risks and Issues. If I'm wrong on that please correct me. If it is the case that dependency management is not very sophisticated in the system, are there any plans to improve functionality in that area?

Thanks

Lisa

• 2.  RE: Dependencies Management in Clarity
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 31, 2019 07:53 PM
    I don't believe the project-level dependencies object(?) is configurable, however you can still do cross-project dependencies at the task/milestone level in the same way as with the Classic UI - you just have to open the PPM Gantt view to do it. In the project, go to Tasks, then open in PPM Gantt. Click through to a Task and select the Dependencies sub-menu. From there, you can create dependencies between tasks in the same project, or a different project. There's nothing in the New UX to indicate whether a task is linked to any other tasks, so you'd have to rely on reporting or Classic UI functionality for that.