Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Where is the log for when notification changes?

Posted Oct 30, 2019 02:10 PM
    Hi,
    The user has the following setting in PPM by default. He did not make any changes. 

But I look at the DB, CLB_NOTIFICATION_PREFS shows that these notifications were all updated to 0 in 2017.

I wonder if there is any ootb process or feature in PPM that will change an user's notification setting?

• 2.  RE: Where is the log for when notification changes?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2019 02:32 PM
    No, there is no job as such that will change the users' notification setting. If you have checked in the database that the value has been changed in 2017, could you also check what was the last updated by column? It should have a 5 million number and based on the same you can check which user updated it. That might give you some clue.

------------------------------
    Abhisek Dhar
    Senior Engineer
    Clarity PPM Support

• 3.  RE: Where is the log for when notification changes?

Posted Oct 30, 2019 02:38 PM
    Thanks Abhisek but it was updated by 1

• 4.  RE: Where is the log for when notification changes?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2019 02:45 PM
    Updated by 1 means the user with username "admin".

Abhisek Dhar
    Senior Engineer
    Clarity PPM Support

• 5.  RE: Where is the log for when notification changes?

Posted Oct 30, 2019 02:54 PM
    Can admin update user's notification through PPM UI? Or admin can only do that in the DB?

• 6.  RE: Where is the log for when notification changes?

Posted Oct 31, 2019 01:28 PM
    1. Individuals can (and will always be able to) set the notification settings themselves in the UI
    2. Admins can only set the default values that should be applied to any users that have not customized their settings, or who "restore to defaults"
    3. Admins can publish the default values to all users, essentially removing any end-user customizations made, but only to all users and not per user

My guess: Your changes by "admin" in 2017 may have been related to a Clarity upgrade where this administration-side configuration and publishing of defaults was added; and the system aimed to preserve existing user settings in the process.

Can the user not just "reset to default" now?  What need do you have as an admin to change their settings for them?

• 7.  RE: Where is the log for when notification changes?

Posted Oct 31, 2019 01:31 PM
    > 1. Individuals can (and will always be able to) set the notification settings themselves in the UI

A little presumptuous on my part.  Obviously they'd need to have permissions to manage their personal preferences to get to this.  But then they'd be able to.  If none of your users are being given access to this, then you could Publish from the admin side, which would make it consistent for everybody and erase any personalizations that had been made.

• 8.  RE: Where is the log for when notification changes?

Posted Oct 31, 2019 04:15 PM
    Thank you. I have found out that I can change user's setting from the DB. That will solve my problem.

• 9.  RE: Where is the log for when notification changes?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 31, 2019 05:47 PM
    That will create an issue with support if you do make direct db writes.
    You should limit yourself to those changes admin can make in the GUI.