Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Modern UX - Why is the Default Settings set to FTE and not Hours? can this be changed globally?

• 1.  Modern UX - Why is the Default Settings set to FTE and not Hours? can this be changed globally?

Posted Sep 25, 2020 03:25 PM
    I know I should know this, but I can't find it if it exists. 
    In the modern UX (even 15.81.) under your profile>Settings-- it all defaults to FTE. 
    Is there not a global way to set hours? 
    No one uses FTE here  so now we would be asking thousands to set their view to Hours to see the correct data.

For classic, our system default display unit for work effort under project settings is HOURS.. why does the modern UX not recognize this? 

If there is no other global setting, has anyone "found" a way around this?
    Also, if there is no global, why was FTE chosen as the default instead of reading the system parameter?  (obviously question for Broadcom:) which I can ask on the Wed calls ) 

thanks!

------------------------------
    Lynn

• 2.  RE: Modern UX - Why is the Default Settings set to FTE and not Hours? can this be changed globally?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 25, 2020 04:33 PM
    Hi Lynn

Unfortunately at this moment there is no global setting for this. The setting that's in Classic is not used, and each user has it's own setting. Please bring this up to the Product Management Office hours, I believe it was already brought up by other customers too, so it may be on the roadmap now. 

Check out this KB for more information:
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=200076

Hope this helps -Nika

Nika Hadzhikidi
    Sr Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom