Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Error message in NEW UX in List view

Posted Feb 09, 2020 06:31 AM
    Hello.

Version 15.5.1, has anyone encountered the following error message in NEW UX in List view ?:
    "Drag and drop is disabled. Task hierarchies greater than two levels are not supported"
    An error message appears only in this project.
    It appears every time you try to enter the project. The strange behavior it creates is that the project manager cannot edit the task properties through the list view. All fields are locked.
    In contrast, in any other view, you can edit the tasks including Classic PPM.
    Has anyone encountered this problem? Why is this happening? Could something have used the properties of the project?

** I have already tried to create a new project and transfer and do Copy from template of the tasks from the current project, without success.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Error message in NEW UX in List view

Posted Feb 09, 2020 03:11 PM
    Just reading the error message:
    How many levels of tasks do you have in this project and in others when you look at them in the Classic UI?
    Is there a lock in the project?
    <server name>/niku/nu#action:security.locks

• 3.  RE: Error message in NEW UX in List view

Posted Feb 10, 2020 02:09 AM
    Edited by May-rav Sutton Feb 10, 2020 02:10 AM
    @Deactivated User
     Of course I read the error message.

I realized that these were the levels of my tasks. And really, now I noticed one small sub-hammock that contains only one task.
    So why does the message not only refer to this hammock and affects all tasks in a project that are not under the same sub-hammock from Level 2 and below?

• 4.  RE: Error message in NEW UX in List view

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 10, 2020 12:39 AM
    In the Clarity PPM New UX, if you have more than two Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) levels in a task hierarchy, you are unable to fully edit any task.

There is knowledge.
    https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=6279

Regards,
    Shoichi

------------------------------
    -------
    Shoichi Sugawara
    -------

• 5.  RE: Error message in NEW UX in List view

Posted Feb 10, 2020 02:37 AM
    Thank you, @Shoichi Sugawara

The problem I mentioned above is strange to me because I haven't had a problem like this before (and I've been working with Clarity PPM for a long time) -
    what would have happened to me so far in List View (and I've gotten used to it) is that if I create a sub-hammock in Gant's
    The project, I can't even see the tasks underneath it (in NEW UX).
    The strange thing that happened to me suddenly is that I can now see the tasks but not edit the properties of all the tasks in the project (in LIST VIEW) even if they are not under the sub-hammock.
    And this error message that never was.

• 6.  RE: Error message in NEW UX in List view

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 10, 2020 03:29 AM
    Do you have 'Project - Task Management' access right?

In New UX, below action will grant 'Project - Task Management' instance access right to you automatically.
    - you are added to project's Conversation staff.
    - you are assigned to any task in project.

-------
    Shoichi Sugawara
    -------

• 7.  RE: Error message in NEW UX in List view
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 10, 2020 01:49 PM
    Hello May-rav,
    The 'TASKS' "list" Module in the Modern UX on 15.5.1 has this limitation to only show 2 levels.
    In version 15.6.1 and beyond we renamed this existing module as 'TASK LIST' and created a new 'TASKS' Module for which you will now see the generic components in use for the Tasks grid and will see all tasks.  There is also a Task Timeline that is similar to the PPM Gantt view that shows all tasks and all sub-tasks for n-levels.
    If you upgrade your environment you will now see this enhanced functionality.
    The existing tasks view you see in 15.5.1 will remain but will not be further enhanced.