Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  CA PPM 15.4.1 functions

Posted Jan 23, 2020 09:04 AM
    Hi all,

I have some queries regarding in PPM Clarity 15.4.1

1. Are we able to create a user but the user is not a resource (i.e user not appearing in resource list)
    2. Are we able to permanently delete an existing user or resource (labor) from the resource list?
    3. Are we able to configure the system to separate the user list and resource list?
      1. under the user list (administration > Organization and Access > Resources) if a user were to select "show all" under the filter it should only display the existing user rather than all the resource and roles
      2. Same for the resource list (Home > Resource Management > Resources), the resource list should only show all resource when the user select show all under resource list.
    4. Are we able to configure and restrict filter layout under group access?

Greatly appreciate your advice please, thank you!

• 2.  RE: CA PPM 15.4.1 functions
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 23, 2020 04:33 PM

1 Yes
    2 No
    3.1. The list will display only users not roles or non labour resources
    3.2. The list will display users as resources and roles and non labour resources depending on filters.
    4. No

Basically what a user can see is what the user has rights to.
    Every user ID has a resource ID or resource name. Non labor resources do not have user ID nor do roles.
    The administration access is such that you either have the right to see the all users in admin or you do not have access to the list. No way to configure that.
    The filters there are for active, locked and inactive. My recollection is that the default used every time you open the view is set to Active.
    Once created in the system you cannot delete a user.
    When a user is created a resource is created at the same time.

The resource list on the application side (Classic)
    That means you can configure the defaults for the filters eg Is Role and Active.
    Please note that the active fields on the user properties and on the resource properties are different and can be set separately. Though you may need to do that in a special sequence . I think setting a user inactive sets the resource also inactive, but at that point you can set the resource back to active again.

What you see in the resource list depends first on the filters and secondly on your rights.
    If you do not want to see a resource in the resource list you should remove the right to view and edit that resource
    Rights are global, based on OBS unit of the resource or to individual resources. They are given either to a user, OBS unit or a group. While the user can be a member of a group or associated with an OBS unit.

See

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/clarity-project-and-portfolio-management-ppm-on-premise/15-7/administration/configure-secure-authentication-user-accounts-and-passwords/configure-user-accounts-skills-and-access-rights.html#toccontentbroadcomtechdocsusencaenterprisesoftwarebusinessmanagementclarityprojectandportfoliomanagementppmonpremise157usinggettingstartedwithclassicppmresourcemanagementhtmlResourceManagement

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/clarity-project-and-portfolio-management-ppm-on-premise/15-7/using/getting-started-with-classic-ppm/resource-management/create-resources-and-roles.html

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/clarity-project-and-portfolio-management-ppm-on-premise/15-7/reference/clarity-ppm-access-rights-reference.html

or the videos in those areas of documentation.

• 3.  RE: CA PPM 15.4.1 functions

Posted Feb 04, 2020 10:08 PM
    i see, thanks for your input!