Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Clarity 15.9.1 : Do you think the timesheet should work like this?

Posted Feb 22, 2021 03:53 PM
    Hello,
    I don't want to be a pain but there is some choice that I don't understand.
    When you track your time in the timesheet, even in the decimal place is setting at 2 decimals, the end user is able to enter more than 2 decimals : why the system authorizes this ?

When the user enters more than 2 decimals, the system round the value : ie you enter 2.999, the system displays 3.00 but inside the database it's 2.999 which is stored (conerted in ms) : do you think it's logical to display something and stored something else ?
    there is an impact when the timesheet is posted : If the ETC on the task is 3.00 and the user enters 2.999, the ETC is 0.001 not 0.000; the project manager will not be able to change the task's status to finish

This should be very confused for our end users.

Regards

• 2.  RE: Clarity 15.9.1 : Do you think the timesheet should work like this?

Posted Feb 24, 2021 03:48 AM
    Correct That is pain. It's happing with Cost Plan as well in Modern and Classic TS

------------------------------
    Awadhesh Dammani (Addy)
    Sr.Consultant
    Clarity PPM
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Clarity 15.9.1 : Do you think the timesheet should work like this?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 25, 2021 08:49 AM
    Awadhesh,

For timesheets in classic there is a way to set the number of decimal places to 5.  I tested this and entered 12.34560 in my timesheet and upon Save it does display with the 5 decimal places.

That setting is under Admin / Project Management / Timesheet Options.
    However in MUX the timesheet still rounds to 2 decimal places.

Cost Plan same thing.  You can only set in MUX for 2 decimal places anywhere it appears.

For financial information in classic there is an option under Admin / Finance Processing => Apply currency precision for rate/cost - where when unchecked you can see more decimals in the rate  matrix and other places.  Here in classic as well you can set the number of decimal places on the plan details.

Liz Williamson
    Broadcom Clarity Support

• 4.  RE: Clarity 15.9.1 : Do you think the timesheet should work like this?

Posted Mar 01, 2021 05:43 AM
    Hello,
    thx for your answer.
    The issue is not how many decimals the system can display but why when you choose X decimals, the systeme authorize to enter more than X decimals.
    In MUX, the user is able to enter more than 2 decimals which has an impact.
    IE : The project manager schedules for one resource 5 days on a task.
    In his timesheet (MUX), the resource enteres 4.999 : the timesheet displays 5.00 but in the database, the system stores 143971.19999999998 (equals to 4,999)
    After the timesheet has been posted, on the task, the project manager sees the ETC to zero but he will not be able to change the task status to finish because in fact the ETC is not 0 but 0.001.
    So from my point of view, it's not logical to display something and store another thing.
    I agree with Awadhesh and hope this is will be fixed ASAP.
    Regards