Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Ad Hoc report shows data from the last 13 months

Posted Oct 23, 2020 06:36 AM
    Hello,

I have noticed that an ad hoc report we use shows data only from the last 13 months.The report is based on Time Entries.
    Is it because of timeslices?
    How can we get data from a longer period of time?

Thank you!

Marius

• 2.  RE: Ad Hoc report shows data from the last 13 months

Posted Oct 25, 2020 11:42 PM
    This has to do with your timeslices. Depending on the Domain and measure you are using in your ad-hoc view, a corresponding time slice will be driving it. The exact details can be found in the product documentation.

• 3.  RE: Ad Hoc report shows data from the last 13 months

Posted Oct 26, 2020 05:32 AM
    Hello, 

Thank you for your reply!

The domain is Time Management and the measure is Time Entry Hours. I did not find anything related to the timeslice that it connects to in the documentation. Can you tell where to look?

I suspected it was connected to DAILYRESOURCETIMECURVE, but I extended this timeslice in the past, allowed Time Slices and Load Data Warehouse jobs to complete and checked the report again. It still shows data from the last 13 months.

Marius

• 4.  RE: Ad Hoc report shows data from the last 13 months

Posted Oct 26, 2020 06:31 AM
    The slice being used will also (in addition to the measure) be determined by the period type selected and may not necessarily  be the Daily slice.
    Check the timeslice page for other slices where the Warehouse checkbox is ticked.

Also, this may sound silly but do you have actuals (and hence timeperiods) going back more than 13 months?

• 5.  RE: Ad Hoc report shows data from the last 13 months

Posted Oct 26, 2020 08:12 AM
    Can you make an add hoc report to query the timeslices to see what is actually there.
    On the application side reports and portlets for timeentries usually get data from DAILYRESOURCEACTCURVE.
    I've seen DAILYRESOURCETIMECURVE used only for custom reports.

• 6.  RE: Ad Hoc report shows data from the last 13 months

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2020 09:13 AM
    Ad-hoc views/reports off the time management domain will use DAILYRESOURCETIMECURVE

However, for these facts to populate in the data warehouse, a stored procedure runs to check the from date and number of periods for all DWH slices. So check your other DWH slices as well.
    Also, check your fiscal slices and fiscal periods to make sure they go back, and and are active prior to the date you are seeing.

Liz Williamson

• 7.  RE: Ad Hoc report shows data from the last 13 months

Posted Oct 26, 2020 09:36 AM
    Edited by Marius Nitu Oct 26, 2020 09:42 AM
    Thank you, Liz, I think you are right.
    The fiscal timeslices are not set up right now and probably that is the cause. I will also set them up.
    One question though: the fiscal timeslices have a Fiscal period type of 13 period. How can I change it to Monthly?

Marius

• 8.  RE: Ad Hoc report shows data from the last 13 months
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2020 09:49 AM
    Hello Marius,

You would need to create Monthly ones as well.  However, before you do that, I would try updating the Fiscal Slices to cover the periods needed.
    The data warehouse should be able use 13 period, as those are identified as the Fiscal.

If you are using 13 period for your financial data and you have both monthly and 13 period I recall in the past only the Monthly would show in the data warehouse which can cause issues with financial reporting.  

Liz

• 9.  RE: Ad Hoc report shows data from the last 13 months

Posted Nov 10, 2020 04:50 AM
    Hello,

The entity had Fiscal Period Type as Monthly on Entity Properties and there were only Monthly Fiscal Time Periods created.
    The Fiscal Timeslices had no From Date or Number of Periods. Also, their Fiscal period type was 13 period. I don't know why.
    So I set From Date and Number of Periods and also created 13 period Fiscal Time Periods for the entity and now we can see the data.

Thank you very much!

Marius