Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Clarity PPM v15.6.1 - Configurable Status Reports in Modern UX

Posted Jul 10, 2019 02:09 AM
    Hi All,
    I know the latest version v15.6.1 enables us to configure custom fields in the "Status" module which allows users to publish a new version of the report by simply clicking "Preview and Publish".
    However, I have two basic questions on status report module:

1. When I do a status report and click Preview and then Publish, it finalizes my report as a "Final version. However, when I go back to "Current", the report doesn't display the data I entered custom fields, it only remembers the OOB fields. This looks like a product defect, but just want to confirm if there is anything specific that needs to be turned on for this to work properly.

2. Is there a way to push the report configuration out to all users and all projects? I made report structure changes in a project and logged in with other user. He can still see the changed report structure in this project, but not in any other project.

Given that we have a lot of custom fields and we are upgrading soon, it will be very painful to set this up for every single project.

Any pointers will be of great help!

Thanks and Regards,
    Poonam Madan

• 2.  RE: Clarity PPM v15.6.1 - Configurable Status Reports in Modern UX
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 15, 2019 07:50 AM
    Hi Poonam,
    I see you raised a  case with support.
    The issue you reported has been reproduced and is under review.
    The engineer owning the issue will revert back shortly.
    Regards
    Joxi

• 3.  RE: Clarity PPM v15.6.1 - Configurable Status Reports in Modern UX

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 15, 2019 07:53 AM
    HI Poonam,
    I see that you raised a case with support.
    As far as I can see the issue has been reproduced and is under review.
    The assigned engineer will get back to you with some feedback at the earliest.
    Regards
    Joxi

• 4.  RE: Clarity PPM v15.6.1 - Configurable Status Reports in Modern UX

Posted Jul 18, 2019 11:44 PM
    Hi Joxi,
    Thanks for your response. I am looking forward to an update from the engineer.

Are you able to provide some insight on point 2 in my post? Is there a way to push the same status report configuration/structure in new UX across all projects? Given that we are upgrading from a previous version and have 200 projects in the system, configuring status report in each individual project seems too much of work.

I tried looking through XOG structure, but am unable to find a way out. Even if I could write a process to update the status report structure for all existing projects, it would be a great solution.

Any help will be really appreciated!

• 5.  RE: Clarity PPM v15.6.1 - Configurable Status Reports in Modern UX

Posted Jul 26, 2019 02:29 AM
    Hi Poonam

Hope your well.  Have you had any success with this?  We are in the same boat, there is no way of customizing the status report on a global level.  I even brought this up with James at Clarity and he was going to discuss it  with Brian, as he agrees with me. 

Cheers,
    Tony