Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Attachment attribute on Custom Investments - Modern UX- ideas?

Posted Feb 13, 2020 04:26 PM
    Attachment attributes are still not supported on Custom Investments (15.7.1).You can create the field, but since it won't allow an API id, the field type is useless as it won't show on the custom investment object in the Modern ux.

has anyone come up with an alternative or creative solution?I don't want the user the user to have to click a link to some other repository and load it there.  Attachments are key fields as they can often present details that you just can't fit in the description field (Screenshots, prototypes, etc)

I basically need the ability to enter my investment item (i.e. "row item)- fill the name/field, etc.. and be able to associate an attachment to further describe the entry.  Just like here in the forum -- I enter my note and then I can attach a document :)

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Lynn

• 2.  RE: Attachment attribute on Custom Investments - Modern UX- ideas?

Posted Feb 14, 2020 02:52 PM
    Hi there, you can use chat on the task depending the new custom investment, we always try to move people away of artifact as document and attachments. hope that helps!

cheers!
    Pablo

[Designation]
    PPM Sr Consultant
    SAM
    [City]Argentina

• 3.  RE: Attachment attribute on Custom Investments - Modern UX- ideas?

Posted Feb 14, 2020 03:53 PM

Conversations don't exist in Custom Investments (the new custom object type)  on the LIST view.

The fly out is not the common component yet.- it only has a details section.  If it were, then yes we could use that. I am trying to actually "stop" at the first part of the custom investment where you create an entry. Click on that row and the flyout does not have conversations, which I assume is what you mean by chat?  Maybe conversations are coming soon, but I kind of need a solution now ��

Even if I open the record, which I am trying to prevent, the Details, links, staff, tasks and assignments exist and the tasks have the chat ,but that is a lot of unnecessary data entry and clicks for my purpose. I am using the custom investments to track customer input/feedback and that is why I want to stop at the "list " or initial entry point (where  you select columns, can do group by, and other common list components).  I hope that makes sense.  This works great for what I am trying to do to collaborate my team with the business, but they will definitely need a way to add screen shots without clicking a lot and plugging in a task, as we are not tracking tasks.   This is why I tried to create an attachment field on the custom investment.

Thank you,

Lynn

Lynn Harris

Clarity PPM & Rally Manager, IT Services
    O  804.327.9685

M  919.618.3335

lynn.harris@allscripts.com| www.allscripts.com

• 4.  RE: Attachment attribute on Custom Investments - Modern UX- ideas?

Posted Feb 17, 2020 01:08 PM
    I even tried creating a suboject of the investment  and it too does not have the common component. The fly-out only has detail and no conversation.  If I had the conversation available throughout, I could use it .. I seem to be stuck -- maybe i can get creative with the task module, since that seems to be the only section that allows attachments  
    thanks again

I welcome any other creative Ideas : 

I thought about a url field to the knowledge store but that is way too many clicks

Lynn

• 5.  RE: Attachment attribute on Custom Investments - Modern UX- ideas?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 20, 2020 11:10 AM
    Update in case anyone is reading
    I used a url field to launch the Knowledge store
    Prod Mgmt acknowledged they have it on their list to list the common component fly out, at least conversations on the "list" screen

Lynn

• 6.  RE: Attachment attribute on Custom Investments - Modern UX- ideas?

Posted Mar 01, 2020 02:33 PM
    Hi Lynn,

I have the same requirement to add documents on ideas. That is one of the reasons we didn't move yeat to the new ux.
    Another good option would be the have the "channel" feature in ideas blueprint, similar to what we have in project blueprint.
    If we have the channels feature on ideas blueprint we would be able to integrate with other document management system, as sharepoint.

Cheers,
    Vitor.