Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Reporting for the Services Object from IT Service Management

Posted Sep 16, 2019 07:48 AM
    Hi, 
    Does anybody know how to report on the Services please in the CA PPM Advanced Reports?
    We are using Services from the IT Services Management, so it doesn't fall under any of the Investment types found in the Portfolio Management section.  Looking in JasperSoft reports under the Advanced Reporting I cannot find any reports that will cover this?

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Many Thanks for your help :)

Karen.

------------------------------
    K. Williams - Oxford University

• 2.  RE: Reporting for the Services Object from IT Service Management
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 16, 2019 08:27 AM
    Hi Karen, 

If you want to build a report on the Services and you are not able to see that in any of the existing domains under the Advanced Reporting, then I would suggest you to use the PPM_Bean and fetch the data from there itself. What I wanted to mean is that if the data is not there in the DWH schema then you have the facility to get it directly from the Clarity PPM schema itself. As long as the DBLINK is working, it should not be a problem for you. Hope that helps.

Abhisek Dhar
    Senior Engineer
    Clarity PPM Support

• 3.  RE: Reporting for the Services Object from IT Service Management

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 17, 2019 06:51 AM
    Hi Karen

As you rightly mentioned we dont provide any out of box reports which pertains to services object, however the beauty of having a powerful configuration tool like clarity with Jaspersoft you can build your custom report and get the data as per your need. 

Thanks & Regards
    Suman Pramanik
    Principal Support Engineer | Customer Success & Support, Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom