Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Actual Costs on Financial Plan vs. Reports

Posted Jul 09, 2020 02:44 PM
    Hi,

I'm trying to figure out why my actual costs on my cost plan do not equal the actual costs I am pulling when I'm in the Ad Hoc View. 

I re-created the Financial Forecast Review by Investment report in the Ad Hoc View (because I want to add other fields) and my actual costs do not match the actual costs I see on the cost plan.  Because my actual on the adhoc view is different,  the planned remaining and the forecast remaining do not look like they calculate correctly.  I've already compared the actual ACWP and the Actual Costs, that's not the issue.

Not sure if I really have an issue or if it's just timing or as of a date. I could calculate the planned and forecast remaining in the ad hoc view, but don't know if I should be doing that.

• 2.  RE: Actual Costs on Financial Plan vs. Reports

Posted Jul 10, 2020 01:36 AM
    This could potentially be because of the Start and/or Finish periods of your Cost Plan. The Actuals you see on the Cost plan will be limited to the date range of the specific plan you are in.

• 3.  RE: Actual Costs on Financial Plan vs. Reports

Posted Jul 10, 2020 02:08 PM
    That was what part of the problem is.  When running the Financial Forecast Review by Investment, I selected fiscal years 2019 and 2020, but the planned costs only go back to May of 2019.  Even when running other reports, I have found that I cannot go back further than May of 2019.  What would be causing that to happen?

• 4.  RE: Actual Costs on Financial Plan vs. Reports

Posted Jul 15, 2020 09:28 AM

The cost plan starts at Feb 2019, but when I run the report, it will not let me select anything prior to May 2019.  The planned costs on the Financial Forecast Review start May of 2019.  The other figures on that report are correct and go back to February.   Planned cost is the only number that starts at May.

• 5.  RE: Actual Costs on Financial Plan vs. Reports
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 17, 2020 11:46 AM
    I believe I just figured out why the cost plan starts at May of 2019.  When I reviewed the time slices, I noticed that the fiscal periods begin at 5/1/2019.