Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Timesheet Rejection Notes

Posted Oct 14, 2020 05:12 AM
    Hi,

There is a requirement of sending a mail to the resource with Timesheet rejection notes when a manager rejects the timesheet.

I have created a process on timesheet object and below is the query in the custom script. This process initiates when a timesheet is returned. 

select r.email,p.prstart,n.prvalue,c.first_name,c.last_name
    from prtimesheet s,prtimeperiod p,prnote n,cmn_sec_users c,srm_resources r
    where S.PRTIMEPERIODID = P.PRID
    and N.PRRECORDID = S.PRID
    and UPPER(N.PRTABLENAME) = 'PRTIMESHEET' and n.updated_by=c.id
    and s.prresourceid=r.id and s.prid='${gel_objectInstanceId}'
    order by n.prmodtime desc

When a timesheet is returned and a Note is entered and submitted, this process initiates but with '0' rows. I am assuming, it is taking time to create a row in Prnote table.
    I tried pre and post conditions on notes, but nothing worked.

Is there any way that I can send the rejection notes to the resource? Please help me if I am doing anything wrong.

Thanks,
    Jeevana.

• 2.  RE: Timesheet Rejection Notes

Posted Oct 14, 2020 06:00 AM
    The query looks OK to me.

There is no "delay" between creating a note and it appearing on PRNOTE - is the note added as part of the "return" process or do your users return the timesheet and then add a note, or add a note then return the timesheet? The process will start when the timesheet is returned, so if the note is added afterwards (either manually or perhaps as part of the "return") then that could well be the issue.

Does your query return the right data later on?

• 3.  RE: Timesheet Rejection Notes

Posted Oct 15, 2020 06:51 AM
    Thank you David.

Yes, after returning the timesheet , we would be writing the note afterwards. May be this is the issue.

I shall check on that...Thank you

• 4.  RE: Timesheet Rejection Notes

Posted Oct 15, 2020 04:04 AM
    Hi Jeevana,

just to be sure - you are talking about ClassicUX Timesheets Notes, not the NewUX, right?

Regards,
    Pawel

• 5.  RE: Timesheet Rejection Notes

Posted Oct 15, 2020 06:51 AM
    Yes Pawel, Classic UX timesheet notes.

Thanks,
    Jeevana.