Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Lookups in Query Attributes

Posted Feb 18, 2020 10:18 AM
    Edited by Chris Flynn Feb 18, 2020 10:19 AM
    I was wondering why only certain lookups are only available to attributes after you create a query in PPM? For example when you change your attribute from a string to a string lookup only certain lookups are available. We have created a few custom query lookups in PPM but they are not available to assign to a Query attribute after we create a query in PPM.

I have also noticed that some of the out of the box lookups are not available as well, for example the
    Resource Browse ( ID:SCH_BROWSE_RESOURCE) is not available to select either.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

We are using Clarity PPM 15.7

• 2.  RE: Lookups in Query Attributes
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 19, 2020 03:25 AM
    The lookup has to return the same datatype as the attribute in the query ; so you only get "string-lookups" available when you try to associate with a string-attribute and so on.

• 3.  RE: Lookups in Query Attributes

Posted Feb 19, 2020 07:51 AM

Thanks for the information. I will pass this on to my programmer.

untitled

Chris Flynn | PMO Lead, Project Management Office - Corporate Services and Projects

Office of the Chief Information Officer
    Executive Council
    Government of Newfoundland & Labrador
    P.O. Box 8700,  40 Higgins  Line,   St. John's  NL  A1B 4J6

709 729-4446 (t)phone  | 709 729-6767  (f) imagesCAOQ265Z | chrisflynn@gov.nl.ca

• 4.  RE: Lookups in Query Attributes

Posted Feb 19, 2020 11:43 AM
    This has resolved my issue. Thanks so much for your valuable feedback.

• 5.  RE: Lookups in Query Attributes

Posted Feb 19, 2020 04:03 PM
    Another thing is whether the attribute displays the key or the value of the lookup.
    Sometimes you have to create a new lookup which will have the data type you need and display what you want.