Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Fiscal Periods

Posted Jul 01, 2019 08:22 AM
    Good morning!  We recently upgraded to 15.5.1 and would like to begin using the Roadmap functionality.  The issue i'm running into is, back when the company originally setup Clarity, they setup the Fiscal Periods to go from Jan-Dec. Our actual fiscal periods are Oct-Sep.  If I go in and change the fiscal period for the current year to Oct-Sep will is mess anything up?  We do not use the financial part of Clarity at all, all financial information is handled outside of the system.

Thank you!

• 2.  RE: Fiscal Periods
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 01, 2019 08:35 AM
    If you are saying that you do not really use them for other than for the timescales on views there should be no data problems.
    The option you do not like is to create a new entity with new fiscal periods.
    When looking at that years ago the problem was that the system did not allow overlap not gaps in fiscal periods.
    Try to test that first.

• 3.  RE: Fiscal Periods

Posted Jul 01, 2019 08:55 AM
    Will do, thank you!​

• 4.  RE: Fiscal Periods

Posted Jul 08, 2019 11:57 AM
    Ok, I took a closer look at this in our DEV environment and I'm getting an error about gaps in fiscal periods as mentioned above.  What do I do now?  We need the fiscal periods to be correct, but it doesn't look like I can edit them.. Thoughts?

• 5.  RE: Fiscal Periods

Posted Jul 08, 2019 02:37 PM
    If I recall it correctly it was in 7.5.3 where I encountered the same. The gap was just a few days and the system allowed to make the new period longer and start it without a gap.
    You could try that on your test system: can you make the next new period start without a gap and and end it when you want your fiscal period to end.
    Otherwise open a case with support.

• 6.  RE: Fiscal Periods

Posted Jul 09, 2019 09:47 AM
    Another option is to try to create a fiscal period which covers the gap.

• 7.  RE: Fiscal Periods

Posted Sep 06, 2019 10:09 AM
    How would one figure out what the gap is?  Also, does it take into account inactive fiscal periods?  We don't currently use weekly fiscal periods, but there is some discussion about using them, but i'm not sure if this is feasible or not.

• 8.  RE: Fiscal Periods

Posted Sep 06, 2019 01:07 PM
    The error should come when you create just one new fiscal period.
    When the error comes you know what period type you were creating and what the start date was.
    Then go to the db and query BIZ_COM_PERIODS for that type and the end date of the latest period.

I do not know, but my guess is that inactive are also taken into consideration.

• 9.  RE: Fiscal Periods

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 09, 2019 02:32 PM
    Yes, all periods, both active and inactive, are taken into account. You can display all of the periods, filtered on type (Annually, Quarterly, Monthly) and then sort by start date and review the start/finish dates of each. You should be able to spot the gap that needs filling from there.

To change your fiscal year, simply create a gap period for Annually to cover the Jan - Sep time period, then create the new Annually fiscal years going forward from Oct-Sep. You can just update the fiscal year field for your Quarterly and Monthly fiscal periods without a problem.

------------------------------
    Services Architect
    HCL Technologies
    Colorado, USA
    ------------------------------