Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Money values to be rounded to the nearest whole thousand in portlets

Posted Jul 27, 2020 07:29 AM
    I have request to have money values to be rounded to the nearest whole thousand in portlets.
    Assume someone has faced this same earlier?
    We are not willing to add new calculated attributes or other complex solutions including loads of code.
    So I wonder, could reasonable solution be:
    additional new Display type (rounded number?)
    or possibility to add this as a new feature (like decimal place)
    to Portlet Attribute general definitions?
    These I need to open as an idea to ideation community (Brightidea) - if there is no other easy way.

------------------------------
    Sannamari

• 2.  RE: Money values to be rounded to the nearest whole thousand in portlets

Posted Jul 27, 2020 07:39 AM

Is that object based or query based?

If it is query based you can use the db rounding in the query.

• 3.  RE: Money values to be rounded to the nearest whole thousand in portlets

Posted Jul 27, 2020 07:41 AM
    Both

• 4.  RE: Money values to be rounded to the nearest whole thousand in portlets

Posted Jul 27, 2020 03:36 PM
    I cannot think of any supported attribute or view field option to do that for object based portlets.

• 5.  RE: Money values to be rounded to the nearest whole thousand in portlets
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 10, 2021 09:28 AM
    Edited by Sannamari Ojamo Feb 10, 2021 09:28 AM

Idea created for this need: https://cappm.brightidea.com/D506

-----------------------
    Financial figures are the fundamental core of the project reports and most commonly the figures are hundreds or tens of millions of EUR's. Therefore, we consider that it would be more convenient to have figures in Kilo EUR's, since it would make the portlets and views more distinct and easier for one the review.

Technical proposal

We can set decimal places in portlet display sections, so could thousands of money/number (e.g. k€, k$ or k£) be added as option to this functionality or as additional display option for data type money/number. Also indicator should be in place, little "k" added before currency code.
    -----------------------

Please vote if you see this needed.

Sannamari Ojamo
    Senior Solution Consultant
    TietoEVRY