Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  How are picklists stored in clarity

Posted Dec 07, 2021 08:35 AM
    Hello,

I wish to understand how are Picklists stored internally in clarity, more specifically which table, which database column. 
    I added a new picklist in MUX and tried to XOG the value but can't find it. I can't see the picklist in object attributes as well.

Basically I want to xog these values for color coding purpose which can be achieved through picklist. So is there a way to xog values into picklist?

Thanks,
    Sneha Raina

• 2.  RE: How are picklists stored in clarity

Posted Dec 08, 2021 10:32 AM
    Edited by David Morton Dec 08, 2021 10:32 AM
    The documentation entity relationship diagrams will give you an idea of the tables / relationships involved on "lookups";

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/clarity-project-and-portfolio-management-ppm-on-demand/15-6-1/reference/clarity-ppm-entity-relationship-diagrams-erd.html#concept.dita_cd296f5f8929b006f6c5a82051d38642311d0164_General

We can XOG out/in lookups via the "content packs" XML - see content_pack_read.xml which is part of the default/demo XML in the XOG download (or at least it used to be!).

Note that lookups can be "fixed lists of values" and also "dynamic query based", the latter will not have values stored in the database as such as they are potentially dynamically generated based on a query.

• 3.  RE: How are picklists stored in clarity

Posted Dec 08, 2021 01:40 PM

The table  ODF_PICKLIST_DEFS gives the lookup associated with a pick list.
    The picklist tables are

I have not tested what happens when you XOG out a picklist lookup and back in to another system. Is that going to be readily available to be used in a view or not.

There have been a number of picklist related questions asked in the monthly demos. They may give some indication to it. See
    https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/blogs/natbr01/2020/08/31/clarity-modern-ux-qa

On the other hand if a picklist is associated with a view like they are most of the time a third party content migrator could transfer the view and the picklist if your version is supported. See eg The Optovia content migrator for views

https://www.brighttalk.com/webcast/18629/521863?utm_source=brighttalk-portal&utm_medium=web&utm_content=optovia&utm_term=search-result-2&utm_campaign=webcasts-search-results-feed

• 4.  RE: How are picklists stored in clarity

Posted Dec 10, 2021 06:21 AM
    Thank you for your response Martti. It was just the thing I was looking for.

Would you know is there a way this picklist id or item id is linked in any way to idea id? Basically, I have created a picklist in ideas page in new UX, populated the values for a few ideas. I want to XOG IN the picklist value (choice) so that it looks color coded. for example, I have defined a choice called value1 with color red. How do I XOG IN this information for all ideas it applies for. And do you think doing it this way, it would still display colored box output?

Thanks,
    Sneha

• 5.  RE: How are picklists stored in clarity

Posted Dec 10, 2021 05:51 AM
    Thank you for your response David