Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Sending Action Items to groups in 15.8

• 1.  Sending Action Items to groups in 15.8

Posted Jun 14, 2020 02:24 PM
    Hi all, 

We upgraded recently to v15.8.0.260 and we found out that we can't send Action Items to groups withing a process.
    This functionality has been used for some time already, but seems to be not working at the moment in 15.8.

We tried to workaround it by creating a multi-valued lookup attribute in the object Project, that contains the initial group's assignees, and sending the Action Item to that multi-valued attribute. While this workaround works fine with only one assignee, it does not work when there is more than one:  

I am wondering if anyone else is facing this issue and found a proper way to workaround it.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Sending Action Items to groups in 15.8
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 17, 2020 03:50 AM
    Hi Fernando,
    This is due to a defect that is currently under engineering investigation:
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=188546
    I do not see any identified workaround.
    As per the KB if you reassign the action (once it fails) to the same group the process seems to move forward.
    Regards
    Joxi

• 3.  RE: Sending Action Items to groups in 15.8

Posted Jun 17, 2020 06:01 AM
    Hi Jose. Do you know if the problem is related only to processes related to object project or to any object?
    Thanks

• 4.  RE: Sending Action Items to groups in 15.8

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 17, 2020 06:18 AM
    Hi Stefano,
    I have not tested it, but I would assume it could be with any object
    On the bug details there is no specific mention to it.
    I will test it
    Regards
    Joxi

• 5.  RE: Sending Action Items to groups in 15.8

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 17, 2020 07:55 AM
    Ciao Stefano
    I tested it in 15.8 on a process with the idea object and it works fine to me
    Joxi

• 6.  RE: Sending Action Items to groups in 15.8

Posted Jun 17, 2020 07:58 AM
    Thanks Joxi.
    I also tried with a 15.8 (postgressql) but I wasn't able to reproduce the error even on the project object.

Stefano

• 7.  RE: Sending Action Items to groups in 15.8

Posted Sep 10, 2020 11:09 AM
    Hi Joxi,

can you check if there is any update to this bug? Unfortunately, I have also been hit by this bug.

Strangely enough - it only manifested itself on PROD, while earlier (in TEST and DEV) the same process worked well with the same group in the process definition. Needless to say - the same version of Clarity and the DB underneath.

What's even stranger, is that the [Reassign] option does not work when I try to manually re-direct the stalled Action Item to the same group (PMO), but it moves on when I try to re-direct it to some other group (Superusers).

As part of troubleshooting, I have also tried to create a new group (no rights in it, just a few users added), then use it for manual re-direction and it failed again.

I would love to be able to establish WHAT EXACTLY is causing this issue (as it seems this is something in-directly related to processes or groups) - as waiting for the solution is unacceptable in this case - we've just went live!

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Pawel

• 8.  RE: Sending Action Items to groups in 15.8

Posted Nov 05, 2020 11:38 AM
    Hi Joxi,

can you check if there is any update to this bug? Unfortunately, I have also been hit by this bug.

Strangely enough - it only manifested itself on PROD, while earlier (in TEST and DEV) the same process worked well with the same group in the process definition. Needless to say - the same version of Clarity and the DB underneath.

What's even stranger, is that the [Reassign] option does not work when I try to manually re-direct the stalled Action Item to the same group (PMO), but it moves on when I try to re-direct it to some other group (Superusers).

As part of troubleshooting, I have also tried to create a new group (no rights in it, just a few users added), then use it for manual re-direction and it failed again.

I would love to be able to establish WHAT EXACTLY is causing this issue (as it seems this is something in-directly related to processes or groups) - as waiting for the solution is unacceptable in this case - we've just went live!

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Pawel

• 9.  RE: Sending Action Items to groups in 15.8

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 06, 2020 03:37 AM
    Hi Pawel,
    I just checked the defect and is still under analysis.
    I do not see any specific detail in regards the root cause of the issue as to explain why on some environment this would work and would not in other.
    Regards
    Joxi